Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

sore throat stops, testicle pain and swelling starts?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Ok so I need some help. I have been suffering with something for the last year and a half. I don't know what to do and no one seems to know how or want to help. Here is my story. I am a 27 year old male. All my symptoms started about August/September of 2010. In August I had a real bad stomach bug, I guess something that was going around. Was sick with an upset stonsch, diarrhea, vomiting, fever, chills, weakness and my whole body was sore. That lasted about 1 week. Over the next couple of months I was getting a sore throat off and on without any other symptoms of a cold. I started to get testicle pain and swelling in October. When the testicle pain went away, my sore throat came back. The sore throat went away and my testicle pain started to come back but this time without the swelling. The pain is still present but more on and off still to this day. Then my bottoms of my feet would be sore for no reason. No change in shoes or work habits. I would just wake up or be sitting for a while and my feet would be sore. Then tounge was sore and sensitive for about 2 weeks with raised red bumps. I started to get this chest and shoulder blade pain that came and went away for a couple of months. Forgot to mention that I was getting headaches frequently more often around the end of August. Also started to notice jaw pain and stiffness. Then I started getting eye pain with burning. I went and got a ct scan of my head and the results were normal. I saw the doctor and he gave me percocet for my headaches but I discontinued taking them due to feeling groggy and them only helping the pain for a short while. I started to get neck pain and stiffness. Once again I started with the upset stomach but this time accompanied by stomach pain with nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, RUQ pain (feeling of something poking/stabbing), dizziness, carsick feeling/queeziness, eye pain, and my stools were soft and hard with this yellow/orange color. I finally gave up and went to the emergency room. They ran some tests and did an ultrasound of the abdomen and that was normal. My results that were slightly abnormal were my ALT, CBC, T BIL. I started to get this all around sick feeling, hot to the touch, feeling my heart beat all throughout my body. Went a week and still was not feeling better, so I got a ct scan of my abdomen with and without contrast. And to my surprise... the results were NORMAL. I started to get the chest pain back again and decided to go back to the hospital. This time for chest, back, shoulder blade, and rib pain. Ekg was done and it was normal. The doctor gave me a medication for a bacteria in my stomach and asked me to take a stool sample but when I left the ER I went and saw a Gastroenterologist Dr who advised me to not take the medication. He then ordered for me to get an Endoscopy for the fact that I told him sometimes over the past week my food felt like it wasn't going down and getting stuck. After reading stuff online we figured and hoped the diagnosis was going to be H-pylori and the Egd would tell us. But the results only showed mild gastritis. When speaking with the dr who performed the Egd on me he stated he was surprised with the results because the signs from the procedure showed classic symptoms of what he tested for but they were all normal. After about 2-3 weeks on 11/3/11 I went and saw my pcp to get a full workup and physical. The bloodwork came back all normal except my lipid panel. I did receive full std check as well. All normal except for hsv 1 which came out eqivocal. On 11/15/11 I followed up with my pcp again and discussed everything including all of my problems in full. He then tested for Ra factor (normal) crp (which was high at 8.41) epstien barr virus (negative) tested for lyme disease early testing (negative) and sjogren but the lab was unable to test the sample given. The doctor states it could be migrating joint pain. He sent me to see a neurologist. I saw him just the other day about a week ago and after reading over all my results and a list of my symptoms he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I have been going insane. I do not have FIBROMYALGIA. I know I don't. I am becoming distant from my family and I feel a lot of anxiety. I am also now since Saturday 11/26/11 I have started to get extremely horrible jaw pain that is going from upper to lower and into my teeth. The pain is so unbareable that I am now taking the percocet again. I need help. Is there anyone who can help me. I am at my end!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kissant
|

replied January 30th, 2014
kissant, any news on what was the cause of your ilness, I am having simular symptoms. Thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?