Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Sore throat after unprotected sex

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
Hi,
We had unprotected sex yesterday.I just penetrated few times but i didn't ejacuate inside.After an hour or so she felt some sort of irritation in the throat.We kiss a lot while making love.Is that the reason for her sore throat?Or is there something serious(likeSTD)??
Thank u.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Umm you may need to be a bit more specific then what you have been. For a start you should ALWAYS wear a condom, not only can you catch an infectious disease or fall pregnant, but when you have unprotected sex with someone you might as well be sleeping with all there past sexual partners. You cant be sure that someone hasnt got STI just because they say so. I recommend you get tested and then proceed with a condom next time.... Now as for what i can understand of your question, you are saying that she has a sore throat and you are concerned it was because of oral sex. This is possible however it would be very unlikely that it would be from an STI, it could just be that her throat is not use to foreign objects. As far as oral sex is concerned the types of STI that can be transferred are generally very visible on the penis, ie genital warts or a rash, in which cause i would seriously hope you would have the respect to not stick it in someones mouth.
Im not a doctor so i would recommend you go and see your doctor and while your there just have the doctor do a medical and give you the all clear.
|

User Profile
We r quite young and we both had sex for the second time only.....i dnt personally think about any STD....there might be some other reasons....and also how can she get a sore throat so early jst after an hour or so after having sex....
|

She could have been coming down with a flu, when you have sex all your endorphins (the happy file in your brain) release into your system, you have a massive blood rush to several areas of your body and you get all hot and sweaty. This could have helped to rush the flu threw her system and hence the sore throat. I am pretty sure you cant sleep well in knowing that you didnt give her the sore throat, but you can thank her for it when you get it in the next few days. As for the kissing that you mention, if she were to get sore anywhere it would be on her lips chin and above her upper lip... Pash Rash... so unless you somehow managed to kiss her on the inside of her throat you didnt do anything wrong.
|

User Profile
thanks a lot for your instant help....we r new to making love so every moment a new fear arises...Your reply's r really helping...thanks...
|