Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

sore sternum

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi there, I am hoping you can help. This morning I woke up with an extremly sore sternum. It hurt to move almost all together and was sore when I pushed on it. I couldn't put my chin down or do my bra up, it was very painful. I have felt this pain before but never to that extent. I have been able to crack it before and that relieved the tightness that I felt, but I was not able to do that this morning. Threw out the day the pain started to go away a little but it still bothered me. I strected this evening and it cracked once, which made it feel better. Can you please tell me what this is, and should be seeing my dotor? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2009
WOW
I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY! But mine will NOT crack. It feels like it needs to crack and its extremely painful. I can't even reach to take off my bra in the back because it hurts my sternum whenever I move my arms or turn my body. Could you atleast tell me the position you were in that made your sternum crack/pop??? I'D LOVE THE RELIEF! In great amounts of pain right now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply