Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Sore sides of tongue

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
These symptoms could be completely unrelated but so far here is whats going on:

1: The sides of my tongue were sore (I have had that happen before...) but not the whole right side is sore and it seems that underneath there is a spot that is red which at this point is painful when I talk. (I am guessing a canker sore)

2: I have noticed that I have bumps on my hands that kind of look like little blisters. I have a couple on my ring finger, index finger, and my thumb of my right hand and I have one on the thumb of my left hand and one on my pinky of that hand as well.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Or what I can do to make it better? I can't get into the health center on campus until Monday so if its not any better I am going to make an appointment.

Thanks for any help you can give me : )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2008
Supporter
It sounds as if the bumps that you are describing could be warts. I'd suggest that you see a dermatologist, however, for a full diagnosis. Dermatologists are the experts trained in identifying skin problems via visual inspection. Treatment will depend upon the diagnosis.

A swollen tongue might be a symptom of an ALLERGIC REACTION to a medicine or another ALLERGEN. Check out this series of questions about mouth or tongue swelling:

Oral medicine check-up
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply