Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Sore Perineum

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
hello. I do NOT have sores on my perineum.....It is just red and sore. It does not hurt constantly. Just when I apply pressure, after me and my boyfriend do stuff, or itch it. When I itch it, it keeps itching. ONLY my perineum. When I touch the wrong spot, it stings, when I pee on it, it stings. It does not hurt when I pee, only when the pee touches it. It feels king of like raw. I do were things and shave most hair dwn there. But I am careful about not touching that area. I am not looking to go see a doctor I was just wondering if this is normal or not, and what it may be? What over the counter medicines can I use to help it? sometimes when it really bothering me, I use neosporine....Any other creams I should look at.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2009
i have the exact same problem!! i need help too!!!
|

sore perineum
really sore perineum, stings all the time n cant wipe! help!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It could be an infection. Go to your gynecologist.
|

replied September 11th, 2009
From alot of searching over the same problem, its most likely a fungal infection.

Get some desonide and also use Neosporin. Desonide
as an anti fungal, neosporin for antibacterial.
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The antibacterial properties in Neosporin are very weak. They are meant for small cuts and scrapes, not larger areas. Don't try to treat a bacterial infection yourself, especially when you aren't sure if that is what you have.

Go get some over-the-counter yeast infection medication. If the problem persists after you are finished with the course of medication, go to your doctor.
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2009
I have the same problem and I went to see my normal family doctor and she says its HERPES!!! I freaked!! I looked into it online and what I see compared to the image results from google it is not the same I am going for a second opinion this week and a full blood work up I would recommend seeing your doctor and being put on an antiviral medication. So far that treatment is soothing mine.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2010
i have the same problem! somebody help us all? is this something severe? will this just go on its own?
|

replied August 12th, 2010
why ?!?
ihave thee exact same problem going on with me . thee answers i keep getting online points me to genital herpes .
|

replied August 16th, 2010
ive only been having sex for about 2 years. ive gotten a few yeast infections in the past after having sex and 2 weeks ago i had sex for the first time in 3 months and my labia and perineum was swollen and itchy and i figured i just had a yeast infection again. i went to the doctor and they gave me pills that cure yeast infections more effectively than over the counter medication. ive finished taking the medicine but my perineum seems to still be sore and swollen and so raw i bled. im not really sure if i should wait it out to see if it heals or if theres still something wrong with me. but i wouldnt worry just yet about herpes because untreated yeast infections can sometimes have very similar symptoms as herpes if they arent cured right away...they can even lead to sores so before anyone worrys about having herpes it could just be a really bad yeast infection.
|

replied April 25th, 2012
while this was a while ago, it may help anyone who has searched. Regarding Trixxxie, it sounds like a case of bacterial vaginosis. It tends to get worse immediately after sex. And it's very common.

I had it twice. Probably still do but am not going to go on antibiotics for it again. I keep it at a minimum by ..and I know this goes against modern "wisdom"... not using soap down there. Just water. It has improved things immensely. Doctor confirmed that it would help, since soap disrupts the skin creating a greater environment for bacteria.
|
Quick Reply