Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Sore on labia majora

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
A few days ago I noticed a lump forming on my labia majora which really red and tender. It looks kind of like a pimple or something.. It really stood out and had a head on it. I do shave everything down in that area, I'm thinking it might be an ingrown hair or something, but theres no hair coming out of the actual sore. When I went to the bathroom earlier it was bleeding pretty bad and the head came off. I've been using a hot cloth frequently, its helped a bit, the sore went down and all. But my labia is still really swollen, like there's liquid/puss in there. It's not realy that painful, more so uncomfortable. I really have no idea what it is...I'm pretty much freaking myself out. Badly. I know I can dedinately rule out herpes, my last gyno test was in January, and i was clean, and have only been with my current boyfriend since then. Protected everytime.

Anyone have any idea what it may be and what i can do myself to get rid of it..? I'm thinking of just booking an appointment on monday with my doctor, but its so embarrassing..so its like my last resort.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 3rd, 2013
Concerns with Vaginal Lump on Labia Majora
I have the same exact thing on my labia majora. I am 16 and am currently with someone. We have not had sex, and I am a virgin so I am almost 100% positive it isn't an STD (herpes specifically). A week ago my boyfriend and I were taking a step further in our relationship, and he fingered me... the method he used was focused more on outside of my vagina. This is the first time I have really EVER gone this far. I have had flu- like symptoms for the past week now, and just three days ago I realized I had this bump/ swollen area that had formed on the labia majora. I looked up chancres, bacterial infections, and STD's... I'm not sure if the flu- like symptoms and the lump on my labia majora have anything to do with each other. I feel like I am freaking myself out. I mentioned this to both of my parents, and I think that I am more concerned then they are... I was tested for the flu, and it came back negative. My mom and I did not mention the bump on my vagina to the doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?