Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Sore nipples and thrush, pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
My nipples are very sore to touch and have been for the past 3 or 4 days. I have also got symptoms of thrush as my vagina is very itchy, sore and red. I am sexually active, i'm 17, and I am on the pill. I last had sex about a week ago and that was 4 days after my period, it was unprotected but he didnt finish 'inside me'. I'm not sure what to do!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You should have the protection from the birth control pills if you have been regular in taking them at scheduled time daily and provided this was not your first pill pack use. The sore nipples, vaginal itching could be due to hormonal changes caused by the use of hormonal pills. The vaginal soreness, redness and itching together could suggest possibility of infection. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination, vaginal swab/smear test to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|

replied February 28th, 2012
Hi, it can be the symptoms of some illness, it's better go to the dr, and you can compare the symptoms of pregnancy here https://saymommy.com/pregnancy-symptoms/ but I don't think you are pregnant, good luck!!!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.