Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Sore large lump near armpit

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I was having a shower when i notice that i had a large lump on the corner of my armpit. You can see this lump when my arm is down and up. It is very sore and when i pushed on it i felt a hard ball type of lump. I am very concerned as I believe it is breast cancer. It is only on the left side, i have checked my breasts and they are clear. I have only noticed it today, the first day of my menstrual cycle. It was not there the last time i had a shower, 3 days ago. I have found a picture which perfectly describes the lump http://www.hkbcf.org/images/siteImg/lv2/un derarm.jpg
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2009
You should get examined by a Surgeon to know the type of swelling it might be an enlarged lymph node and may be due to some infection or a benign tumor of breast(eg Fibroadenoma)that is related to menstrual cycle like this becomes painful.
You may need examination by an expert and if needed USG, Mammography etc and if the swelling is a concern please get a FNAC done to arrive at tissued diagnosis for better management.
Fibroadenoma being a benign breast lesion can be treated easily and may require removal(surgically).

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.