Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Sore Heart

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
My heart rate was racing one night for a couple of hours because of a situation..the next day my heart was sore and the muscle around the heart was sore.Is this anything to be worried about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Heart palpitations are heartbeat sensations that feel like your heart is pounding or racing. Normally the heart beats 60-100 times per minute. If your heart rate is very fast (over 100 beats per minute), this is called tachycardia. Palpitations are usually not serious. However, it depends on whether or not the sensations represent an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia).

Diagnostic test for heart palpitations include:

* EKG
* Ambulatory cardiac monitoring
* Echocardiogram
* Electrophysiology study (EPS)
* Coronary angiography

How old are you?
|

replied October 14th, 2008
Im 16 but is this anything i should be worried about?
|

replied October 20th, 2008
I had the exact same thing a few months ago. It was also sore around my heart when i sneezed. I went for an ECG and everything was normal. The pains went away after a few weeks or so. Given your age i doubt theres anything wrong with your heart.
|

replied December 21st, 2008
i'm having the same thing, and i'm 16 as well. i was playing a game for a couple of hours last night that involved a lot of sparatic sprinting. today, whenever my heart rate goes up, if say i run up the stairs or get excited, it hurts.
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Heart soreess
Im 22 and ive been aving the same feeling..sore heart and muscles around it. Is there any thing i can do to make it go away? and if i exercise will it get worse?
|

replied July 29th, 2009
I am 41 and having the same issues, I am fairly fit and training for my 10th half marathon. I am getting the same feeling where my heart misses a beat, and comes back with a real thud, again this is a real funny sensation

My doctor advised nothing is wrong and I can carry on with my training. I gave since cut done on the caffine and slowly going over to decaf, I have noticed the missing beat does not happen so often, so feeling more at rest that all is ok
|