Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Sore, enlarged breasts, nausea, dizzy spells - NOT pregnant.

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
For the last 2 wk of every 4 wk cycle my breasts are sore/enlarged, I'm nauseated and I get these weird dizzy spells that make me recall the same memories every single time (that I can't remember the details of after the spell is over). Something about thee dizzy spell loosens the bowls and I have to use the bathroom (I know, wth?). Occasionally I'll have a period that isn't my normal 28 days (i.e. last month I was randomly 5-6 days late).

This isn't the first time this has happened, I had nausea along with pain in my ovary-area for almost 8 mos after I had a miscarriage + D&C, Also during those 8 mos I had wonky periods and even anovulatory cycles (we were charting to get pregnant). Further to this, aprox 3 mos before I first got pregnant before I miscarried I started having those same dizzy spells, but no nausea or sore breasts. All of this stopped when I got pregnant again, 8 mos after I had my miscarriage, and aside from the occasional dizzy spell, no other symptoms since then (3 yrs has passed) up until a few months ago. For the last 3 cycles I've had sore, enlarged breasts, nausea, dizzy spells with a subsequent bathroom break followed by fatigue and a headache post-dizzy spell.

Could this be a hormonal thing? I took a pregnancy test last month, when I was 4 days late, and it was negative. My husband has had a vasectomy and I knew very early when I was pregnant with boy my sons, so I'm not pregnant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Since I cannot examine you, I cannot provide you with a specific diagnosis. However, your symptoms are consistent with premenstrual syndrome.

You should ask your Gynecologist to evaluate you, to be sure that something more serious is not going on. He/She may also be able to offer you treatment that will reduce the severity of the symptoms that you have been experiencing.

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.