Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

sore breasts , white discharge ?

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
hi all !!

just recently my nipples have become sore and for the past 2 days it has been painful to touch , and today i have noticed on my right breast i have alot of dried white flakes under and around my breast

nothing come out when squeezed so i dont think it can be discharge ?

any idea what this actually could be ?

i dont think i could be pregnant cos when i last had sex with my last partner , i took the morning after pill & then went on to have a period + all preganncy tests come back negative.

i have recently started having sex again could it just be irritation ? -
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you had been sexually active without protection after your last periods, you can be at risk for pregnancy (as suggested by your symptoms). Wait and watch for your next periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. If periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider visiting your gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods). Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact if you are not ready for pregnancy. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.