Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

sore breasts

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
hi, I am 56 and sailed through the menopause at 48 with no symptoms at all. However over the last few months my left breast has become sore and tender to touch. There are no lumps or anything but the pain seems to be spreading under my armpit and down into my left arm underneath It is so uncomfortable and i am aware of the discomfort al the time.My right breast is not as sore but still tender to the touch. Any ideas for me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Breast pain in post menopausal women can be present as a normal experience, that, usually subsides after one or two years.
Discomfort in both breast, can be triggered by hormonal replacement therapy.
However, this discomfort should be evaluated by physician to see if more serious underlying condition is present.
It is well know that the risk for breast cancer raises with years.
Not detecting lump does not exclude this possibility.

Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?