Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

sore breasts in the morning??

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Hey eveyone. I'm having a little trouble with sore breasts lately. When i wake up they are incredibly sore and swollen, but it fades as the day goes on. It's not just when i'm sleeping, but when I lie down in any position for over twenty minutes, like to watch a movie or something. I am on birth control for regulation, but hasnt given me any trouble in the past so i don't believe that is the problem, and am not active so no possibility of pregnancy. Does anyone have any ideas?? Any comments help! thanks guys
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How long does it stay sore afterwards?
Are you wearing a bra (like a sports bra or shirt with a shelf bra) when you go to bed?
|

replied August 6th, 2008
Sometimes I wear a bra to bed, but most of the time I don't. It hurts the same either way though. They usually hurt and are swollen for about an hour or a little less before it starts to fade. Any ideas?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Does this always happen or just sometimes-- is it at a particular point in your cycle?
It's possible that this is from your birth control, how long have you been on it?
Do you drink anything with caffiene?
|

replied August 6th, 2008
It has been happening every time i lie down for about two months. I've been on the same type of bc for over a year now and it has given me no problems in the past, and I stay away from caffeine for the most part. If I had pains randomly/constantly, I wouldn't be worried and would pass it off as hormones or growing pains, but only having them when I get up after awhile is what bothers me. Other than that they are completely fine.
|