Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

sore anus???

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi this is quite embarrasing for me but i have to talk to someone. i have a really sore anus. it feels like it is burning. i have had no sleep all night because of it Mad . it happens after i have had a bowel movement and lasts for hours after words. its really afecting my life....i even have to try and drive my car on my side sometimes....please help thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2009
The most common causes of anal pain after bowel movements are anal fissures (caused by a crack in the sensitive skin lining the anus) and hemorrhoids. Most of the time, both of these benign anal conditions will respond to conservative measures, including increased water intake, increased fiber in the diet, stool softeners, and avoiding straining and prolonged sitting on the toilet.

There can be other causes of anal pain as well, including, rarely, malignant tumors.

If your symptoms persist despite increasing your fluid and fiber intake, then you should ask your physician to evaluate you further.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
thanx for posting this. I'm in a semi with my dad and been having the same problem. honestly it is embarrassing but it helps those who can't speek up for themselves. like me.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.