Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Sore anus , burning pain , sore back

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've posted on here before and I am back feeling worried. I was told I had IBS two years ago and since then it's been on and off for me. Over the last few weeks my anus has been very sore, it's tight and hard to wipe. I can go to the bathroom but can';t see any blood. Also my back is hurting too. I can't see my doctor til the end of this week but I am worried. What could be the problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jill87
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome back, WelshGirl80!

Painful anus can be due to presence of hemorrhoids and/or anal fissures or tears due to passing hard stools.
Hemorrhoids can result either from constipation or chronic diarrhea.
Lower back pain, along with headache, fatigue, muscle pain, sleep disturbances, sexual dysfunction, urinary symptoms are additional complains in IBS sufferers.
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: WelshGirl80 

replied July 28th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks so much for your reply. I've been using cream on the area and also hot water bottles are a god send. I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday, it's been a hard few weeks. I am still taking Fiber gel each day, 3 times a day and they work for me. The pain isn't nice but hopely my doctor can help me out with some info!
|

replied July 30th, 2009
Experienced User
Saw my doctor today and he had a look, I;ve got some skin tags and small cuts on my auns. I asked about the buttock pain but he;s not sure about that right now. I am also having a blood test next Wednesday as he seems to think I looked worn out and unwell, I dont feel bad but I will see what the test shows up. Can someone tell me why my left buttocks hurts like hell? Sitting is bad and so is lying down?
|

replied July 19th, 2012
Sounds like sciatic pain or bursitis
Sounds like an inflamed sciatic nerve or bursitis of the hip. Do you sit a lot or sit on a hard chair?
I would take Ibuprofen 800mg twice a day, every 12 hours, for a week if you can tolerate it. It can upset your stomach and check with your doctor if you're on Coumadin or another blood thinner. Don't drink alcohol as your liver would have to work harder.

Mary Kay
|

replied August 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Please can someone help me. I've still got the left buttock pain, hip hurt and can't go to the bathroom without help. Why is this happening?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2009
anal pain
I am sorry. Please have the doctors check you for colorectal cancer. I had the same symptoms and now am stage four. DOn't wait and take this seriously no matter what your age (i am 42 and otherwise always healthy)
|

replied August 24th, 2009
Experienced User
I think the last post was uncalled for. I am worried as it is and saying that IS NOT HELPING MATTERS! Sure you are sick, which I am sorry for, but I am not bleeding and my doing to the bathroom fine but the pain is there due to cuts in auns and muscles being pulled. I think it's uncalled for and very upsetting for me!
|

replied September 28th, 2009
WelshGirl80,

You asked for advice and thats what you got from Molly, you don't want to know, dont ask, simple as that! You should be ashamed of yourself!
|

replied September 28th, 2009
WelshGirl80, are you crazy? You ask a question, then complain when someone advises you that she had similar symptoms and it turned out to be cancer. What is wrong with that? Do you only want answers that reassure you you're fine, rather than someone pointing out the plain truth that sometimes changes in bowel habits can mean cancer? Many people with bowel cancer have no bleeding.

Of course most likely you DON'T have cancer, but you don't know that for certain. Stop being so rude and start being grateful that someone has taken the time and trouble to advise you to get checked out. Molly, even though ill herself, has tried to help you so you don't end up ill like her, but all you can do is moan. As Jill has said, you should be ashamed of yourself.
|

replied November 15th, 2009
Time has gone by between her post and her last reply
I see this was first posted in July and the last post is in Sept. I hope she has gone to a gastrologist and been checked out, we all need preventive colonscopies in our life.
|

replied December 6th, 2009
Try MSM sulphur from a health food shop.
Take it in powder form, a little to start off with,
to let your stomach get used to it. It has no known side effects and is very cheap, weight lifters often get sore red anus' and it has cured it for a lot of people.
Try it, you have nothing to loose, except a sore anus.
|

replied June 13th, 2010
Sore anus
well a couple weeks ago i found this little
pimple lookin bump in the lavia of my vagina.. outside part.. but anyways the bump went away now outta nowhere i started getting this weird sore feelin in my anus when i touch it, it feels worse idk what can this be? i tried watching with really cold water multiple times, lots of soap and nothing it still hurts !
|