Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

son has swollen lymph nodes, getting nosebleeds, bad pains

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
My 5 year old son has a swollen lymph node on his neck that has been there for 6 weeks now. Recently he has been getting nosebleeds, bad pains in his legs and arms, to the point he crys and can't walk. He is pale and has dark circles around his eyes. He's gotten more irritably and upset as well. I took him to the ER today and they found another swollen node under his chin as well. They did a CBC and said it was normal. When I ask for a copy of the blood work, I noticed that his WBC is 9.2 normal, but his RBC is Low, as well as his HCT,MCV,MCH. His MONOCYTES flagged as high. Is this normal? I'm afraid that this may be leukemia and I'm not sure how to proceed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
Has your son been checked for lead? My son had the same thing happen at the age of three and I too was scared that he might have cancer. Turned out he had lead poisioning from the dirt in our yard. They gave him some medication and we moved to a new neighborhood and after about a month he was fine.
|
Did you find this post helpful?