Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

something over the counter I can take?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
If there something over the counter I can take to help me advice an erection

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2012
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A31717
Hi,

It seem that you are having is erectile dysfunction.

Common causes causing erection problem are stress and anxiety, poor communication, unrealistic sexual expectations, negative feelings about non performance, smoking, alcohol and medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes. Medications such as blood pressure medications (especially beta-blockers), heart medications (such as digoxin), some peptic ulcer medications, sleeping pills, and antidepressants may also cause erectile dysfunction.

It is only after examination can a diagnosis be drawn and treatment started thereafter.

Sildenafil is the drug of choice for erectile dysfunction. However it is available only on a doctor's prescription who will also assess the type and cause of erectile dysfunction before prescribing any drug.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.