Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

something blocking my anus, difficulty passing stool.

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have something blocking my anus, which means difficulty passing stool. I have suffered with constipation from childhood. Now I have pain under my left rib and lower abs. I had a full hysteroctomy 9 months ago but have never felt the same, could this be related? I'm also not sleeping due to back and neck pain. Suffering from the odd dizzy spell and feeling faint.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2012
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A30746
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that you may have endured pelvic nerve damage, which can occur as a complication of surgeries like hysterectomy.

The other causes can be chronic constipation induced rectal prolapse, conditions like hemorrhoids, or vaginal prolapse.

The cause of your symptoms need to ruled out by a complete examination, as well as tests like ano rectal manometry, sphincterography.

Hence you may consult with your treating doctor or a gastroenterologist for a proper advice and specific treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.