Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Solid clot during period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am 34 years old and normally experience heavy periods, often very heavy. Often a lot of clotting too. I recently had a very painful period that seemed to come early by a week to 10 days. During my second day mensturating I went to the bathroom and noticed a clot on my pad. It was small about 1 inch and was whitish grey and red. I touched it with some toliet paper and it seemed more solid than a regular blood clot. I fear it could be cancer.. Should I be worried and what could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mariamtayyab
|

replied January 9th, 2009
I get this too and while I've never asked my doctor or anyone I only assume that this is part of the lining that during the month is perparing for a baby. Each month when you have your period and no baby adheres to the womb, the body flush everything out (that's the blood and tissue discharge) and then the body starts it all again for the next month. Maybe the chunks were smaller in your youth and we only notice when a bigger one lands on the pad.

I think cancer cells would stay in your body and not come out during your period.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
I've had the same thing, twice now. The first time was a few years ago - maybe 5 to 7. Again a few months ago. Mine was about 1.5- 2 inches long with a round harder mass towards one end of it. It was kind of rubbery too. Does this sound similar to what you experienced?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2011
This sounds exactly like what i experienced. Did you ever ask your dr.?
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
It seems like I've had the same occurrence. It's sort of a grayish or flesh color? It has happened to me twice now and it really freaks me out. It looks kind of rubbery but I've never touched it, I usually just flush it. I've tried to google this and I've found a variety of answers that range from just clots of uterus tissue to a possible miscarriage. I'm not too worried about it, just concerned. /=
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2009
Supporter
everyone's problem is different. but when i had heavy periods last year i found out i had a cyst on my right ovary. my doctor said that clogs comes with heavy menses.
my period would be heavy for 3 weeks, and it happened every other month.
my doctor performed a hysteroscopy & D&C. which means he put a camera in my uterus to see if i have any fibroids. he scraped the lining of my uterus (d&c). this is suppose to stop the heavy periods due to a thick uterus lining.
he put me on the depo while i just woke up from being sedated. i felt like he shouldve made sure i wanted it, b/c i didnt. i had light menses for 1/12 months on the depo and other side effects from it.

i m now on birth control and my period is regulated.
please see your doctor regularly and make sure your fine.
oh, and the clog being greyish and flesh color concerns me.
|

replied June 2nd, 2009
if i was pregnant or is it something else ?
im 33 & trying to conceive ,i `ve a daughter who is 12yeras old, i had 2 misscarriges. i m overweight.
i usually have clotting during my painful periods (now they are regular) but in my last period on the second day i had a large size of a blood clot on my pad .and it was painful too.it was about 2 and a half to 3 inches long solid piece.i dont know that if i was pregnant or not.
i wish if any one can help me with this.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
im only 17 and thats happened me :s it was so so scary when it happened, my stomach was so sore..i felt like it was going to fall out or something Sad i was so scared and i m relieved to hear its happened to others ....ive got an implanon in ..could that have had anything to do with it?
|

replied June 20th, 2009
I am looking for an unrelated tissue I discovered this morning, but have any of you consulted doctors regarding what you found??
|

replied June 29th, 2009
I have consulted my gyn in the past about this same issue. I had a cyst on my right ovary and had it taken out this past August. Prior to my surgery I had normal periods, but after I have had very heavy periods with alot of clotting. I also have really really bad cramps, it feels like my insides are being torn out. Funny thing is, it only feels like this on my right side. The first time I saw a really big clot I flipped. I have two kids and had my tubes tied after my second (two c-secs and I'm only 29).

I wondered if something was wrong with me or maybe my surgery had been botched. My gyn told me that it was normal and my body just produced a thicker lining on my uterus than others. I was also told that the cramps that I was getting was from the scar tissue on my right fallopian tube. Interesting how scar tissue can cause pain..?..

Clotting is normal! Don't worry, you're ok.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
menistration
im 18 years of age and i recently got married. Just a couple of days ago my period came on time and i found a rubbery reddish pinkish clot on my pad on the 3rd day of my periods. It was about 1 inch long. Does this mean i had a miscarriage? Or was this normal?
|

replied March 9th, 2010
Today was my first day of menstruation and when I wiped a huuuge chunk came out. It had very little blood on it, it was just grey-ish in colour and about 5 x 3 inches! I touched it and it was rubbery and stretchy! This is very strange.....
|

replied March 10th, 2010
i'm 18 years old i've had my period since I was ten. I do have cysts on my ovaries and uterus. For the past 4 years I've gotten clots like these, about an inch long rubbery, and red. I've had ultra-sounds and such. I do believe it's just a clot or uterine lining, but I really don't know. My periods last for about 2 weeks and hurt like heck and make me extremly sick. But that's because of cysts. Deffinately get it checked out.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
I am only 15 and I get these almost every time I have my period, usually more than twice for each time I menstruate. Some are very small and some are almost two inches, and they really scare me too. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be or should I see a gynecologist?
|

replied April 18th, 2010
wow these posts really helped me. i'm 18 and i have never experienced this small solid during my period before...it really frreaked me out and I'm glad I have some theories as to what it could be now...
|

replied April 19th, 2010
I am 16 and I got this once after I had just gone off the pill. I normally have quite a heavy period for the first two days and then very light after that. It freaked me out a bit but I didn''t see a doctor or anything. I''m glad I found these posts as now I am less worried and hopefully it is just a clot.
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
It would be really great to know what a ob/gyn had to say to those who have gone to a doctor about the rubbery greyish clot discharge.
|

replied June 6th, 2010
I'm 19 and I experienced this today.. I am on my period so am still bleeding. I'm going to the doctors first thing in the morning. My period has been totally normal and I have been in no unusual pain. When i went to the toilet today I just saw it laying on my pad, there were three bits. 2 red ones the size and shape of kidney beans, and then a rubbery grey-white peice about the length of my little finger and about 2 inches in width. I was curious so touched it it just felt squigdy. At first I was convinced its a mis-carriage but I showed and told my mum what had happened and she told me otherwise, saying it could just be my body clearing itseld out. At the time I didn't believe her but now after reading all these posts I don't know what to think. I will write back on here tomorrow after I have been to see a doctor, so that those of you who wish to know what these grey-white chunks are and those of you who get them can know what they are for sure.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
clots
Just a couple of days ago my period came on time and i found two blood clots... Today was my first day of menstruation and when I wiped a huuuge chunk came out. ... For the past 4 years I've gotten clots like these, about an inch long rubbery, and red ... 2 red ones the size and shape of kidney beans, they were solid. Why did they come out? ...
|

replied August 8th, 2010
hi i'm 19 and got the same problem also.. i've been having my regular period but after about a week from my last period i've been having virginal bleeding. my mom & sister said it's probabbly just horman inbalance but i'm kinda worry & then yesterday a clot came out.. it's red about the size of my pinkie (it look more or less like a oversize tadpole) it's squishy too and seem to have a thin wall lining.. anyway is this normal?
|

replied December 4th, 2010
I am 40 yrs. old and this for the 1st time happened to me - a rubbery deflated looking flesh thing about 1-2 inches with menstruation. Mind you - my periods were blocked for almost 2 years - and my doctor said it had to be pre-menopause - but everyone was in disbelief b.c I was only 37 yrs. of age at the time - now I had a heavy period all of the sudden and this came out. I am convinced that it was a cyst - NOT a clot - although I explained it to my dr. it was rubbery - not made of blood like a slimy clot would be. I know he is wrong - it seems that cyst was blocking my flow - and somehow detached and expelled itself during menstruation. viola ! Not in "menopause" anymore!
|
12 >>