Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Soft lump on scalp

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hello! While I was washing my hair the other day, I felt a soft lump on my scalp. It is about one inch and possibly oval (I can't really tell because my hair is so thick). It doesn't really hurt but I had a friend look at it and she said it looked slightly red like there were capillaries on the surface. I also know that it is on my skin and not the skull because it moves with my scalp.

I am going to the doctor in about a week and a half but I would like to know if any of you have an inkling as to what this might be!

Thank you so much Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi sswink and welcome to ehealth: I wish I could help you on this, but I can't....If you have time please let us know what he/she tells you...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, skin, hair
Quick Reply