Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

soap irritation?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Today i took a shower, and I washed myself as usual, and the 2nd time I washed i noticed my vagina area and clitoris were very sore. After the shower it hurt even to dry off. I noticed both areas were extremely red and irritated looking. My clitoris is so sore I cannot even touch it, or even panties rubbing against it causes excruciating pain. What can this be? and what can I use to help the pain, and how long will it take to go away if just an irritation to the soap? I am so uncomfortatle right now
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied July 12th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Use an ice pack wrapped in a towel or other cloth to relieve the swelling.

You should not be washing inside your lips with soap. Your fingers and clean water is more than enough. Wash this way in all the folds and under your clitoris hood. And pat that area dry, do not rub it dry after shower.

Did you have sex, masturbated, ride horse or a bicycle recently? Do you use anything that can irritate your vulva? Did you spend time in a wet bathing suit? Tried a new style of panties? Use a new washing powder?
|

replied July 12th, 2011
No the only thing I did differently is use ivory soap, I know I shouldnt use soap period, but i never feel clean enough. i had a yeast infection prior to this maybe last week, and I did have sex after my shower with ivory, so that didnt help at all. It made the irritation 10 times worse.
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Ivory soap is a bit more harsh and should be avoided in your vulva. Use a milder soap like dove on the outside, fingers and water between your lips.

It sounds like the area just got very irritated. Of course this is assuming that you are having save sex and cannot have an STD or a latex allergy.

Wear cotton panties, or panties with a cotton crotch, avoid wet clothes and tight fitting pants, sleep without panties (if that is safe for you). This will keep you drier and cleaner.
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: 21sweetnicole 

replied June 4th, 2013
dryness/itching from soap and/or yeast
I used Manuka honey for healing, 16+, and use Vagisil balanced ph liquid soap. Also coconut oil is a great lubricant.
|
Quick Reply