Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

So upset/annoyed by people eating?

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hey, so this is my first post.. just joined, but i am really am looking for some answers!

So i get really annoyed when people eat. I cannot stand it. I haven't been able to eat a meal with my family in a long time. When they eat, i go to a different room. If we're in the car, i put in my head phones and play the loudest music i can find. I cant even stand to eat lunch in the cafeteria anymore. During lunch period, i go to the band room and practice color guard. If im watching something on tv, and a family member comes in eating food, i ask them to just wait 10 min, for the program to be over. They never will, and i just go off on them. Also, if we go out to eat with family at their house or something, i either make up an excuse to why i cannot go or take a long walk, already claming to have eaten. I feel SO bad.. like im a horrible child for getting so upset at such a simple thing.. but i dont know whats wrong. I try to block it out, but cant. Its gotton worse as i have aged. I mean, im only 15 years old, and am worried about how bad it might get in the future. Its not only eating. If someone is in the bathroom and i can hear them pee.. i do the same thing. Or if someone is tapping their leg repeditly or twising their hair, playing with their finger nails.. simple things like this. I tense up in the musles, and cannot focus, just cant take it. Whenever im at home, i try to stay alone as much as possible. I ask nicely for my mom to stop twisting her hair, or something, and she yells and often goes "am i allowed to do anything!?" and i feel awful.. i know i sound ridiculous.. but i cannot stand it. Whats wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply