Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

So tired, nauseous, lightheaded...

For the past 3 years, I have been having 'episodes' of not feeling well.
I have been told I have hypoglycemia, but the doctor didnt actually test me (I want to eat ALL the time, I have a huge appetite, despite nausea). I've been told I have inner ear trouble, depression, and pretty much told it was my imagination, or at least it feels like I'm being told that. It's not though - these episodes make everday life hard some days, and I have begun dreading work, because I feel too tired or dizzy or jsut uncomfortable to work well.
I am 19 years old (20 in a month), 133 lbs. 5 ft. 3 in., have always been extremely healthy until these episodes started. They lasted a week or two at first and then would go away, but now they last for a few months and then go away for several. The syptoms I get during these episodes have increased and gotten worse...if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing them!
Symptoms include:
Fatigue (a ton. Used to NEVER nap, now I at least lay down eevry day, sometimes more than one nap a day.)
Cold/numb hands, and feet
Lightheaded
Dizzy
A feeling of being disconnected (I know, weird!)
Mental confusion, or feeling not "quite there"
Chest pain
Upper abdominal pain
Constipation
Lower abdominal pain (gas pains?)
A ton of dizziness when I stand up (I have absolutely no problems with blood pressure, though)
Sometimes my heart feels like it's beating too hard or fast, sometimes when I walk for exercise, and I have measured a 32 bpm difference between lying down and standing up.
Sometimes I can't sleep because I feel like Im floating or something when I lay down.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2011
Hi, I too share the same symptoms with the exception of constipation. I totally get the disconnected floaty feeling. I did an MRI awaiting the result of that, going to do some blood work soon. I have graves disease which basically is a hyperthyroid, that I think explains the palpitations and abnormal heart rhythms. I black out very often just recently fainted twice at a restaurant, and had severe chest pains at the same time. I thought I was dying and kept begging for my 5 year old son not to see me like this. Funny enough I vomited and immediately felt better, that's when the disconnected feeling started and it's been a symptom for the past week. I hope you have, since then, been diagnosed and treated. Please let me know what you were told by your physician. I suspected at first s panic attack but the dizziness and nausea makes no sense. I'm not pregnant, I'm 32 and have one child. Good luck to you.
|

replied October 2nd, 2011
Hi, I too share the same symptoms with the exception of constipation. I totally get the disconnected floaty feeling. I did an MRI awaiting the result of that, going to do some blood work soon. I have graves disease which basically is a hyperthyroid, that I think explains the palpitations and abnormal heart rhythms. I black out very often just recently fainted twice at a restaurant, and had severe chest pains at the same time. I thought I was dying and kept begging for my 5 year old son not to see me like this. Funny enough I vomited and immediately felt better, that's when the disconnected feeling started and it's been a symptom for the past week. I hope you have, since then, been diagnosed and treated. Please let me know what you were told by your physician. I suspected at first s panic attack but the dizziness and nausea makes no sense. I'm not pregnant, I'm 32 and have one child. Good luck to you.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Hello my wife is 22 and has the same conditions you mentioned would you be willing to talk to her as kind of a pen pal? ITSKAYLUV?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 29th, 2013
Hey there, been feeling the exact same symptoms as this for a while now, around 5 months (not continuously) and I've been told I'm having panic attacks but this doesn't fully explain the constipation or abdominal pain, I haven't been diagnosed for hypoglycaemia as my symptoms faded so I didn't follow through with getting further checked out, but now they're back with vengeance and are stronger than ever, I've fainted a few times, once in the waiting room at the hospital ... just wanted to talk about things to someone that's perhaps feeling all these symptoms and maybe get to the absolute bottom of it. If anyone wants to contact me, I know this post is old but would be really beneficial and would be so grateful!

Keiron
Thanks
|

replied July 6th, 2013
I've been feeling same way. Waiting for blood test results.
|

replied September 5th, 2013
I feel these same things. I don't have health care so I don't have the option to go to the dr, I just breath thru the tough times and wait for it to go away, then hope it doesn't come back... It does but not much I can do about it. Let me know what the dr says. I hope you feel better soon.
|

replied September 5th, 2013
I feel these same things. I don't have health care so I don't have the option to go to the dr, I just breath thru the tough times and wait for it to go away, then hope it doesn't come back... It does but not much I can do about it. Let me know what the dr says. I hope you feel better soon.
|

replied February 4th, 2014
I have the same symptoms, and it is getting a lot worse for me. I did blood work and my blood pressure is good. I may have to have an MRI done, so I am going to see my doctor tomorrow and see what he tells me.ey
|