Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Smelly period

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello,

Recently when getting my period, I have noticed that it smell horrible. Worst than fishy smell. I know it does not have to do with my personal hygiene as I take good care of myself but since this foul odour come from me inside I don't know how to make it stop. I know the best thing to do is referring to my GP but I would like to get some advice from you first as I really want to get rid of it.

Thanks,
Tanya
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carriemarie
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
I ended up here for the same reason, my period blood smells pretty strong, its very dark as well. I've been reading lots of comments and they say it's normal. But it's disgusting, i just wanna get rid of the smell. I have no cramps thank God. I think it could be my husband's sperm, i noticed that i don't smell when we use condoms. Now im wearing a condom everytime! Smile
|

replied January 21st, 2014
Liquid Chlorophyll - is a natural deodorizer from inside out helps balance ph as well as bad breath and all sorts of things at GNC There's something called CHLORO-FRESH tastes great and is bout 15 bucks WORKS WONDERS!
|

replied June 29th, 2010
i have the same problem i get a horrible smell after i have sex but it gets worse when i am on my period it smells like something as died in side me sometimes it is balled BV bacteria vaginosis you can buy a box of relactagel from the chemist or you can get it on prescription all i do is use 1 the night after my period as finished and then 48 hours after and that works for me i have had it for about 2 years now and iv been on tablets and creams but this seams to work best for me. it is something to do with the ph levels when they get disturbed as seaman is alkaline it upsets the ph level and same with a period also washing with sented soap sets it off same as sented washpowder you can get cream soap from chemist or boots its called Aquarius something
|

replied January 18th, 2012
I've came across this website for the same reason. But can't seem to find any help.
I've noticed my periods have been smelly ever since I had my baby daughter nearly 9 months ago now.

I'm worried it might be connected - Can someone help?
|

replied January 21st, 2014
Liquid Chlorophyll - is a natural deodorizer from inside out helps balance ph as well as bad breath and all sorts of things at GNC There's something called CHLORO-FRESH tastes great 100 % natural and is bout 15 bucks WORKS WONDERS!
|

replied January 3rd, 2014
well, I have 2 children AND noticed while on my period there is a smell to it unlike before having children. I have been told by my gynecologist that because your uterus has expanded there is more room in there than before so when you have your menstrual cycle it is the blood coming out of your uterus from ovulation. but, I noticed that mine smelled and was becoming more brown then red. so, I bought always towelettes to wash down there in between changings of feminine products. I have noticed that when I wipe every other time, after changing a pad or tampon, this completely eliminated the smell. COMPLETELY!! I also went to my gynecologist and asked about the color of blood, she stated that this was from my diet. recently I have switched my diet and everything is back to normal, pre-baby. but, I also took one more measure and bought the rephresh shower wash, this seems to help a lot while on my period. I really hope this helps someone. anyone. I was puzzled but luckily I am glad I found a solution for me.
|