Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Smelly anal leakage and itchy butt crack (Page 1)

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I have had this watery, yellow and/or orange, leakage from my anus. When it gets bad I feel like I am sweating from my butt crack. I use lots of toilet paper to wipe and sometimes it looks like it might be bloody, and sometimes it is orange. Not orange like orange juice, but orange like it was yellow and a small amount of blood was mixed in. Sometimes it is red from blood, but this might be from scratching, not sure. The worst part is the odor that is sometimes so bad that people around me notice. The odor is different than my stool smell. It is NOT a fishy smell that others have described. I can only describe it as "ass". It smells like a dirty ass crack. I have noticed that when I am more physical, and I am having leakage, that I leak more. I do not have HEMORRHOIDS. Once this starts, I also get a VERY itchy butt crack and scrotum. I don't usually get itchy until I remove my underwear, or when I get out of my chair to stretch. It's like the itching starts when the area gets to "breath". I also wake myself up scratching. The itching is so bad, I get an almost orgasmic relief of itching, and itching, and itching . . . I dream of using a wire brush to relieve th itching. If I get an itch on one area, the rest of the area starts to itch. The itching only happens when I have this smelly anal leakage, otherwise no itch. I haven't had a problem with jock itch. I have tried using Lamasil, thinking that the itching was fungus or jock itch. That will relieve the itching for a short time, but I don't think it is fungal. I speculate that the anal leakage is causing the irritation. I know I shouldn't scratch as this leads to irritation of the skin down there, which causes raw painful skin.
I don't like going to doctors unless I have to, not out of embarrassment or laziness. I haven't found a good doctor that listens to patients and treats medical problems. I have found lots of doctors that listen to 10% of my symptoms and then prescribes a pill to mask symptoms. I don't like pills for symptoms, I don't like 20 visits of a 5 minute gotta go to the next patient, fast food type health care industry that we have cultivated. I do respect doctors that take the time to listen and treat patients carefully and completely. Anyway, I hope to find someone who has these type of symptoms and ways to resolve it, or a doctor that reads these posts that cares. I do spend 90% of my time at work in a comfortable chair programming for 10 hours a day. Also, yes I shower daily. I DO NOT eat fast food unless I have no choice. I prefer organic whole foods.
To summarize: I need help identifying these symptoms:
1 Smelly, anal leakage.
a. Orange or yellow
b. smells different than stool, and has been described as "you smell like ass"
2 Super itchy butt crack, taint, and underside of scrotum
a. NOT hemorrhoids
b. used anti-fungal cream, no relief
c. itching only when leakage occurs
d. Itching starts when area is exposed to air, or when getting up after working in a chair for hours. Also, during the night.
THANKS in advance for any help one might offer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Inquisitive65
|
Users who thank smellybutt for this post: Inquisitive65 

replied February 10th, 2010
Itching, Hemorrhoids,anusitis
check anusitis.try to get the ph strips to determine if u are very acidic. for now eats lots of natural organic yogurt.drink ph 9.75 and above water lots of it daily.good luck with the doctors.. I finally had enough of them and do my own research for my problems, in medical journals, genetics , chemistry, biology and my mother's common sense who is 94 years old.
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
It sounds like you may have an anal fissure(s). These are cracks in the anus that can often be the result of passing hard, large stools. Drink plenty of water and eat fruits and veggies. Most importantly DO NOT SCRATCH!! I know it isn't easy, but it is essential that you don't scratch or wipe the anus aggressively. After passing a bowel movement clean the area with water and a very mild cleanser (like baby wash). Rinse well. Then apply a & d ointment or vaseline. When the anus is no longer leaking fluid you can apply gold bonds medicated lotion. Make sure it is the green bottle with red cap. This will help with the itching. Once you are healed continue to use the gold bonds lotion. It will help keep the skin on your bottom healthy. Do not use too much and rub it in well. Best of luck.
|

replied May 9th, 2011
Smelly Anal Leakage And Itchy Butt Crack
Do you think it could be a gluten intolerance? I have the same exact symptoms but I know that these sysmptoms are caused after a bowel movement when I have had something with gluten in it. If I am *gluten free* my movements are normal and no leakage. I have began to use wet wipes when I pass a bm. It remedies that after smell and itch/burn
|

replied October 29th, 2011
What about caffeine? It seems to increase more after a pre-work out drink or a 5 hour energy shot? R
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Former Leaky Smelly Butt Guy
Hi;

clindamycin is the cause. After reading everything, all over the place, I got a bidet` from BlueBidet, took a probiotic, and stopped eating tomatoes in any form (raw, cooked, sauce, ketchup, soup, juice, anything with even a hint of tomato in it.) for 3 months. BINGO, no leaky. Back to solid poo and no post leakage, but I still like the Bidet. And I can eat tomatoes again.
Even though antibiotics are 'targeted' they are still a bit indiscriminate when it comes to the natural bacteria in your intestines and colon.

It seams that the clindamycin kills some bacteria that digest the acids and oils in tomatoes.

in short
1. get a bidet so you don't have to shower, the first day or so blast a little water up there to rinse out.
2. Avoid tomatoes (in any for for a while) for a while
3. Take a Probiotic.

Cheers,
A Former Stinky Butt!javascript:emoticon('sunny')
|

replied December 5th, 2011
So let me get this straight. You were taking clindamycin for something else which caused your leakage symptoms???? Which probiotic did you take? i have the same symptoms described in all these posts....glad to know I am not alone here!
|

replied October 16th, 2014
I was given clindamycin to get rid of a severe breakout of poison oak / poison ivy. I dislike taking medication but my entire arm was swollen. It turns out that after taking a FULL BOTTLE of clindamycin (more antibiotics than I have taken in my entire life), my body broke out in another rash from all of the clindamycin. My body was pissed off from all of the crap being put into it. About a month later, I noticed my butt was also itchy. I have NEVER had that issue before and I remember clindamycin's label saying that it could cause intestinal issues. I am 95% sure it was the clindamycin that caused my itchy butt. I sure hope it goes away sometime (it has been about 2-3 months since taking the bottle of antibiotics)... I sure wish I would have let my body heal itself instead of doctors trying to force one thing to cause two additional issues.
|

replied December 5th, 2011
So let me get this straight. You were taking clindamycin for something else which caused your leakage symptoms???? Which probiotic did you take? i have the same symptoms described in all these posts....glad to know I am not alone here!
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Leaky buttcrack guy
Candidas. See candidas diet. Probiotics, NO SUGAR, showers NOT BATHS (seeps out seeps in too then seeps back out). Coconut oil releaves it/rash better than lamasil. Also eating at least 3 tbls a day helps kill off candidas. Acid imbalence (tomatoes are acidic) eat lrg serving mustard greens every day plus artichoke extract. Allicin garlic pills. Peppermint/thyme/rosemary oil in enteric coated caplets. In your case the antibiotics wiped out the probiotics that keep the candidas down. JCII
|

replied January 31st, 2012
anal burn, itching, and leakage
Hello. Read well!

I was in perfect health at 45 years of age, but one day discovered a painful, hard lump under my chin. I researched it online and it appeared to be a swollen saliva gland under the tongue. I'm not a doctor, and because of the acute nature of the lump, I went to emergency to get it checked out.

It turns out that the saliva gland under the tongue was swollen due to a calcium deposit blocking the saliva duct. They told me to treat it with warm compresses for a few days, and to take an antibiotic "just in case." Clindamycin.

So, I shell out the $70 for the prescription and begin to follow the dosage.

4 days later, an inferno began to rage up my booty hole. I mean each bowel movement felt like molten rock pouring out. I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but this was like nothing I'd ever encountered before. And the itch? It was maddening.

Being away from home was particularly challenging because at several points during the day, I had to find somewhere to wash up the occasional but extremely annoying anal leakage - which - carries along with it that interminable itching.

I called to the doctors office and they wanted to put me on another regimen of antibiotics to reverse the damaging effects of the clindamycin (c. diff). This antibiotic is so strong, it is referred to in the medical community as the chemo of antibiotics - it indiscriminately kills your good intestinal flora and makes you sick.

Forget all that. I started doing some research and found the probiotic drink called kefir. I ordered some live grains online from keysands (I think via amazon). Within a week, the infernal bowel movements and itching subsided by 70%. Within a month, I would say I was 85% back to good.

As of today (Jan 30, 2012) I've been using the kefir for 4 months. Over the last two months I do find I get an occasional itch with some very minimal discharge...once per week or so...but it seems now to be once every 10 to 14 days or so.

So, the kefir has reversed the condition by 99% at this point, and my guess is that in the next few weeks all the symptoms should be completely gone.

While this remedy took longer than another antibiotic regimen would have taken, the greater benefit here is that I treated it all naturally - AND - the corresponding health benefits of kefir consumption have been beneficial beyond anything I could have imagined.

Best to all!
|

replied March 7th, 2012
smellybutt,
i've had this problem for many years on and off. i realized that this started to happen when i started taking antibiotics last november for a bad sore throat. ever since then i've been dealing with leakage, which is super frustrating and downright depressing. i scoured the internet for potential solutions and have tried just about everything. the ONLY thing that has worked is taking a very strong probiotic. the antibiotics i took killed all of the good bacteria in my digestive system. i started taking the probiotics PB8 last saturday and within 2 days there was HUGE improvement. it's been about 5 days and i have virtually no leakage. needless to say, i am incredibly happy and no longer depressed. my advice is to order PB8 from amazon. you will not regret it. best of luck.
|

replied March 15th, 2012
leaky itch smelly annoying anal
Hello everyone. I also have this condition. I just went to the doctor the other day and he looked around for a moment then inserted a finger up there. He referee me to a Gasteotologist, and I am to see him next week for. A follow up. Im assuming its some sort of cancer, or problems with digestive system. Maybe every thing im eating is being broke down slower causing expired feces to flow long after a bowel movement. I was gonna start taking magnesium citrate to clense, but I will wait for the gas doctor to look at it.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
I've had this for two and half years. It varies from day to day but sometimes I'll go weeks without having a "clear" day. I went to my GP, a gastroenterologist, and a nutritionist. I've had fingers up my ass, an anoscope up my ass, a colonoscopy and a CT scan and no one has had any idea what is causing this. "Eat more fiber" & "Apply this topical cream" are pretty much the only advice I get. I eat a ton of fiber and it just makes me gassy and sometimes even seems to make the situation worse. I've sort of given up looking for a solution. It's depressing but I've learned to live with it I guess. I'll give some of the suggestions in this thread a shot and report back if anything works.
|

replied October 27th, 2012
anal dilatated veins
jerry ponce
i had that problem too and because i don't have money for doctors i'm always trying natural remedies, that is caused by body streess 1 try not to eat to much protein food for your liver is hard to process all that protein, I'm taking a supplement pill of different herbs combination for BLOOD CIRCULATION and that helped me a lot, the veins in the anus are dilatated that causing the itch for the reason i already told you: stress. do not scratch your anus cause you make it worst and don't stay in the toilet too long, get the pills and eventually you'll get better and go to a gastreonteologist doctor ( i hope i spelled it right) i hope you get better
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
I've had the problem - and after some experimentation have found that it is due to eating wheat bread - and perhaps all types of wheat. You don't have to go without bread. There are some very good non-wheat breads around (oat bread is a good choice). I love a good wheat sour dough but whenever I succumb to the temptation, sure enough the leaking/itching returns. Forget about the gastroenterologists. Just give up wheat - especially wheat bread.
|

replied February 2nd, 2013
Candida, Pin Worms, Fluke Worms and such are rampant in you
It's a parasite
Send your poop to the lab and have it anlyzed as I did so you can determine the cause and treat it. I recommend wormwood clove supplements but you can go to any heal food store and find a decent remedy.
Hulda Clark Zapper is great for parasites.
Eat local
|

replied June 15th, 2013
I found the reason to this situation and want to share It with you:

Coeliac disease.

This means, Gluten is the cause, you must avoid gluten for the rest of your life.

The good news is, this is a very well documented problem, ask your doctor! ( or google It Razz )
|

replied September 18th, 2013
My Ginger Root Cure
I lived with this for 12 years. It was so embarrassing. I tried the gluten free, I cut out all caffeine (Ugh!), tried a million different supplements, had more than a few doctors check me out, I even thought it was related to allergies somehow - lots of allergy shots and Zyrtec ensued. Nothing helped. I can happily say I am leak free after 3 weeks of juicing, but it appears that the large amount of fresh ginger root was my cure. My juice was spicy, but the results have been amazing. I didn't actually juice, but threw a bunch of veggies into a blender and drank it like that (very nasty), but the results are amazing. I did get flu-like symptoms when I started, the articles I found indicated that it was because my body was detoxing. Acne went a little crazy too. But I'm on the 4th week and for the first time in nearly twenty years I am free of the leaking and I feel incredible. I can wear pants more than one day without washing. I don't avoid people at the end of the workday out of fear from the smell. The other veggies I put in the blender are Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Pineapple, Apples, Bananas, Bell Pepper, Cucumbers - not all at once, but mix and match. I try to have 2 to 3 blenders per day.
|

replied December 2nd, 2013
Thanks for the info. I have started making smoothies but stuck with kale apple banana blueberry. I noticed symptoms got better but over thanksgiving I didn't do smoothies and ate more junk and it seams worse.
I will try to mix up my smoothie mixes. Hope it works.
|

I lived with this for 12 years. It was so embarrassing. I tried the gluten free, I cut out all caffeine (Ugh!), tried a million different supplements, had more than a few doctors check me out, I even thought it was related to allergies somehow - lots of allergy shots and Zyrtec ensued. Nothing helped. I can happily say I am leak free after 3 weeks of juicing, but it appears that the large amount of fresh ginger root was my cure. My juice was spicy, but the results have been amazing. I didn't actually juice, but threw a bunch of veggies into a blender and drank it like that (very nasty), but the results are amazing. I did get flu-like symptoms when I started, the articles I found indicated that it was because my body was detoxing. Acne went a little crazy too. But I'm on the 4th week and for the first time in nearly twenty years I am free of the leaking and I feel incredible. I can wear pants more than one day without washing. I don't avoid people at the end of the workday out of fear from the smell. The other veggies I put in the blender are Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Pineapple, Apples, Bananas, Bell Pepper, Cucumbers - not all at once, but mix and match. I try to have 2 to 3 blenders per day.
|

It dawned on me after my post...and some research on line, that I also put a large clove of garlic in my last juice drink of the night. It may be the garlic that improved my circumstance. I wouldn't recommend the garlic earlier in the day, because the smell of my breath is awful!
|

replied May 11th, 2014
did you use a regular kitchen blender or a juicer?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2013
after reading i realised im not alone
I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this issue I've been dealing with it for almost 4years now idk how an what causes it but its not a comfortable thing to deal with a doctor told me that using any scented soaps or body wash could cause irritation but my symptoms are itching redness leaking very little smell at times but it does smell fish when I'm showering and the water is a little discolored when I wash my ass but the redness starts about where my crack starts and goes all the way down onto part of my taint area.very uncomfortable as far as an especially laying in bed is challenge. A&d cream used to work the best no itch no nothing as long as you could deal with a pasty ass it was good come to find out the stores took that off the shelves the ointment didn't work just made everything worse I am going to try the coconut oil all I want is to commfy again when I sit or lay down and the best of luck to anyone else with this issue
|

replied December 14th, 2013
I have the exact same problem ! I've tried everything. Raw food, juicing, eating garlic before going to sleep for 2 weeks nothing new. I think it has something to do with candida.
I will have to visit a doctor soon.
|

replied December 15th, 2013
I stopped all caffeine (no coffee, tea, coke, etc.) and within 1 day the problem I had for months and months was gone. If your problem is not caffeine, it is likely some food or drink that you consume a lot of on a regular basis. I hope this helps someone.
|

replied January 12th, 2014
Lube It
I had Rhoids compounded by Leaky Butt.......or Leaky Butt compounded by Rhoids.

I used Tucks to clean and relieve, but the relief was only, only temporary. Very relieving, but temporary.

Sometimes I'd place folded toilet paper in my butt to prevent butt chapping. So I guess I had Rhoids, Leaky Butt, and Butt Chapping.......Man, I'm a mess, and it hurts to walk and work. Sitting down wasn't too terrible.

Anyway, learned that my Dad had Rhoids surgery, thought I was going there SOON, thought that was the cause of my Leaky Butt, and I didn't know if Obammycare would cover it (sarcasm there).

So, one day, headed into Walgreen's for more Tucks, I decided to get some Rhoid medication to boot.......too cheap for the Prep H, I just got a generic. It's in a tube with a holy probe you insert you know where, then press the tube to push out the medicated lubricant.

Now I don't know if this stuff is actually medicated or just serves it's purpose by acting as a lube, letting your stool/leakybuttstuff pass without strain, or what. Taking a pooper is much less strainful with this stuff.

All I know is I haven't used a Tucks since I bought the ButtLube, haven't had a Rhoid since then either, and the Leaky Butt can be controlled by simply clenching real good when I go to whiz.

BTW, that was when I had the problem with Leaky Butt, standing at the urinal and the butt wanted to get in on the action.
The butt just had to get in the action. Zip up and tuck in, then head to the stall to sit down and do it all, with great itching, discomfort, odor (odor like DC or something).........you know, Leaky Butt!

Part of my personal problem, based on self diagnosis, is that I go sit on the throne with a good book, and sit there far, far too long reading, with my hole spread wide for exhaust purposes. I don't do this anymore.

Nope, NONE of that weird sex involved.

Next time I buy a tube, given my results, I'm going to splurge and buy Prep H, see how the brand name works.

Hope this helps someone get relief.
|
12 >>