Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Smelly after sex

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
So.. I never smell down there, but when my boyfriend 'goes' inside me (were on birth control, and were completely monogamous) after I start to smell like fishy beach. The smell lasts a couple days, and then it's back to normal with no odour.
If we use a condom, I never smell.
I shower everyday, but it doesn't seem to help. A couple hours later I start to smell again.
Is it just our.. Gooo... Mixing together? Or should I be going to see a doctor?
Help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2008
I recommend that you go to see a doctor. It could be a vaginal infection.
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
well... guys semen lasts in your vagina (there's a little culvert up there that collects it) and gets stinky. It stays up there for a few days (Even if it seems like it all comes out, some of it usually hangs in there) Really, if it's only after sex, and you aren't having any other symptoms like funky colored discharge then it's probably just his semen.

you could try a condom and see if that solves it, to rule out everything else.
|
Users who thank Georgia59 for this post: iLoVeBaBiEs93 

replied November 23rd, 2009
ok i have a question wat if u get a discharge after u had sex used a condom and the discharge is still there after a week n it gets heavyer n u have abdomenal pain and in your tummy?
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Usually discharge is a sign of an infection, I'd suggest you hit up your OBG.

As far as the original poster, the answer is most likely yes, a mixture of your "Goo". The male penis can culture bacteria not native to the insides of your vagina, this can cause something like a light bacterial vaginosis where the normal bacterial level in your vagina elevates, this is where the smell comes in. It goes away when your vagina has settled back to its normal bacterial levels.

A way to combat this is as you said use a condom or both partners bath "well" before intercourse.
-Mr Knight
|

replied September 27th, 2011
my girlfriend do ve discharge smell during intercourse but it stop after sex is it normal or we should see a doctor.
Micheal london
|

replied April 30th, 2013
I smell fishy every time I have sex with my husband if he cums inside me. I have no infection, I have normal vaginal smell (yes they DO smell like a vagina, deal with it its normal) and its fine but yuck after sex. Things to consider... do you do oral sex because saliva has sugars and enzymes that cause odor, also semen has sugar in it and protein and that can spoil and smell. Sex changes your ph balance and odor is pretty normal after sex. Wash up if you dont like it. As long as theres no pain, discharge etc its just a normal part of sex.
|