Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Smelling burnt hair

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
afew days ago i started smelling stuff burn, most of the time it is hair, and my bones been hurting and yesterday i felt lite headed my left knee started to buckle so i sat down and the room started spinning untill i laid down, and to day i am am so sick all i want to do is lay down can someone tell me what is going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Sensing the smell of the smoke, when there is no reason for it (no stimuli) means experiencing a phantom smell or having a smelling dysfunction known as phantosmia.

This can be seen in migraine sufferers as a part of migraine aura, in people with seizures, or when the nervous tissue in the olfactory system has been damaged (caused by viral infection, brain tumor, trauma, surgery, and possibly exposure to toxins or drugs)
People that have chronic sinusitis or the ones with very bad cold, often smell phantom smell, or may even loss the ability to sense the smells.
Because, brain tumor can be manifested with that symptom, is good for you to visit your physician or a neurologist.
According to your symptoms you might go through a bad viral respiratory infection.
I don't want to cause you an extra worries, but some colon cancer suffers also experience smelling phantom smell as one of the symptoms.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied December 8th, 2009
I have been smellin brunt hair and its gettin on my nerves..dont know what it is....
|
Quick Reply