Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Smell smoke when breathing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
When I am breathing it is as if someone is blowing smoke in my face. I am a non-smoker. My home is smoke free, yet I can smell it so vividly. It is making my throat dry and my breaths shallow.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Marzie,

Do you live near a chemical plant, refinery, anywhere toxic fumes are being released? It may not be smoke as from a cigarette but some other toxin you are inhaling. Find out about the above mentioned. If none applys try going to an ear, nose and throat doctor.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
There is a really, really long discussion on this topic in the Ear, Nose and Throat forum. Here's the link:

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic31962. html

I hope something in it can help you.
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2011
Have you recently ingested any zinc cold remedies? These products can cause olfactory nerve damage which results in odd smells/tastes and even a complete loss thereof. I have olfactory nerve damage from a zinc cold remedy (cough lozenges) and I smell sulphur or burnt hair all the time. When the damage first occured I smelled ammonia very strongly.
|
Tags: smell, smoke, smoker
Quick Reply