Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Smell of rotten eggs ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
My male office mate complained that he smelled something from me like a rotten egg. I was horrified because I have a very good hygiene. I regularly take a bath 2 times a day, apply deodorants and anti perspirant, I also use an anti bacterial soap for bath. Then I suddenly realized that it is the first day of my menstruation. Is there any connection? And also, he is only that one person who said I smelled bad. My other office mates said, I don't smell anything bad. What can it be? What should I do? I have started tracking the days when he say I smell. The person who said this sits 2 feet away from me. He always complain on my scent. But its not regular. Though when he does I feel insulted. Can he really smell that? I am so depressed about this. Or he can be just a bully? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2010
See your supervisor and speak with them - maybe see if you can be moved away from him as this will affect your performance. I think he is being mean if you are this conscious of your hygeine and no one else is commenting. If your closest friends out of work are asked and still say you do not smell, this guy is nuts and he has a nose issue! Maybe he is trying to deflect the smell of his own embarassing silent gas or something - the eternal kids rhyme of 'whoever smelt it dealt it' comes to mind. Either way, see your supervisor, say it is upsetting you what this man is saying and go from there. It is their job to ensure you have a good environment to work in and that includes not letting colleagues belittle you like this - let us know how you get on xx
|
Users who thank suzielou100 for this post: lanimar 

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2010
Thank you.
Thank you very much. Your advice a very big help. I think he really has a nose problem or is so into getting attention for himself. The office transferred to another room, and the good news is we are assigned to places far from each other. I did not report him to higher authorities, I don't think there is a need now that he is far enough to bug me. I do not talk to him anymore, Thank God.
|

replied December 30th, 2012
reply the the vaginal odor
The real fact of the mater is most people would not tell you yes,that you have bad smell. They would feel rude in doing so. It is possible that he did smell this,and thought he was trying to be nice, and say what most are afraid to say. There is women with strong scents that don't notice,and look what you were advised to do to the one person that told you the truth. I personally would want to know if I had bad odors, or even bad breath.
|