Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Smegma Returns

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I'm 27 years old and uncircumcised......and up until about 6-7 months ago I had no idea what smegma was at all. I started to notice the white substance, which I'm guessing is smegma based on what I've read. Why am i suddenly getting it now? I would wager my hygiene is better now than it was when I was younger. I'm sure I would have noticed this on my penis before. I basically have to get an erection in the shower to make sure it's all cleaned off with the skin pulled back as far as it can go. But then, after i check myself about an hour later, it returns as if I didn't even touch it in the shower. Seems like its been coming back more and more lately and I have to use a wet towel or a baby wipe to get rid of it once and for all. Please help, I've read what limited topics I've found about smegma on the internet, and have heard all the basic things. This seems like it could be something else perhaps? thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Have you changed cleaning products.

I think if you use wet towls, baby wipes this could
be part of the problem.

Any soap should be fine to clean but you have to
remember to rinse off with water afterwards
do not leave any residue of soap left under your
skin. and make sure you dry yourself off completely
before rolling the skin back over the head.
Let us know how you go.

Some hand/skin washes can cause smell, so try just
using a regular bar of soap.
|
Did you find this post helpful?