Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Small white bumps around clitoral hood

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have a line of small white bumps around my clitoral hood. Lately, I'm extremely itchy around there as well. The small white bumps can also peel off occaisionally. They are kind of shaped in an upside down "U". You have to pull skin apart in order to see it. I'm going for a checkup tuesday morning, but i was wondering if you had any ideas as to what this could be. I've been with the same man for 4 years, and have regular pap tests. No strange discharge or any other symptoms.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A11559
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The white lumps around your vagina are probably genital warts which is a STD. If you have a history of unprotected sex or a leaking condom then this is the possible cause. The other possibilities are allergy to something that came in contact with this area like soap, powder, shaving blade, undergarments etc. It can also be a vaginal fungal infection, which does not itch initially.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist once. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.