Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Small scabs on breasts

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
I noticed a few years ago that the skin on my breasts had gotten bumpy. Upon further inspection, I saw small scabs (a greenish brownish color) in some of the hair follicles. Each scab can easily be picked out without pain or discomfort, but it also pulls out a short strand of some substance that usually ends in a small amount of pus. Most of them are located on the undersides of my breasts, but not only in those areas. Along the tops of my breasts, are extremely short and fine hairs that are easily pulled out and followed by the same strand of something or other as the scabs. I know that this isn't something alarming, but it is rather annoying and makes me very self conscious of an area of skin that is supposed to be smooth.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
try a skin exfoliant not too strong but a gentle one it may help
|

replied April 18th, 2009
I'm wondering if you have breastfed recently or no? Could they be clogged milk ducts? Just a thought.

If not that, then I would say could it be inflamed hair follicles?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
Nope, I'm only nineteen, never had a child. I've tried exfoliants as well, nothing seems to work so far.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
the long thing at the end of the hair might be the follicle, but i had the same problem in my pregnancy, i rubbed lotion on them for a really long time it loosened the scabs and they eventually went away, it took a long time though, its not an overnight fix
|

replied June 30th, 2009
I have the same problem and I cant find any info on it...thats why I ended up here...if you get an answer pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know.

thanks in advance.
|
Quick Reply