Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small Red Itchy Bumps!!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hello,

I need help!! I'm going crazy, i can't seem to figure out what's going on with my skin! For a few months i noticed a few red bumps on my stomache (look like mosquito bites) and they ITCHED!! I disregarded them since i only had them and it was only on and off. but a few weeks ago, they started up and OMG its bad. I have alot more bumps on my stomache and then it got to my upper back, then lowwer back, and very few bumps on legs. They are all scattered, it not a patch of them at a time. They come as a single bump or two bumps very close by eachother. The weird part is that i only have them. My hubby has nothing!! its only me. I thought they were bed bugs but if so my hubby would have them, right?? and i thought fleas, but from what i read the bites are painful and i have no pain and my hubby would have them as well, right? then i thought scabbies.. and i seen scabbi pics and they look flacky and just look bad! and they are very contagious. and my bumps look just like a mosquito, raised, red, and itchy! i have no drainage or !**@! have made some bleed cause i can't help the itch! and they developed a scab cause of the scraching. I Cleaned all my sheets, blankets, pillows.. vaccumed in inch in my room. I also had my hubby spray bug spray inside and out of the house. I haven't used any new products. I'm using cortisone crm. Normally im a pretty clean person but due to this issue i'm getting paranoid and other doing it. All i talk about is about bugs and what could be wrong with me. I'm clearly paranoid and sick of this! Please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bcarpio
|

replied July 15th, 2010
I have the SAME thing! They're maddening! I think they may be flea bites (rescued a kitten from along side the road 2 weeks ago) But the bites only just showed up yesterday morning, and the kitty was given flea treatment last week at the vet's and I've changed my bedding, and cleaned, and kept laundry away from my room, ect ...Also you'd think I would have had these bites ever since I brought the kitten home, but like I said they only showed up yesterday... I thought at first that they might be hives, but I looked up pictures of hives, and they look nothing like em... just like you said; these things look just like little mosquito bites.
- Sorry I couldn't be of any help :/ I wish you luck
|

replied October 27th, 2011
small bit like bumps that itch
i have the exact same thing and still have no idea what to do i also thought it might be fleas from a friends house whos cats had fleas but i havent been there in a while and still have them no idea what it could be
|

replied October 31st, 2011
This sounds so familiar to what I'm going through - but in my case the rest of the family feels it too. I've got my house checked - bed bugs etc have bee ruled out. But there are these very tiny flies ( like fungus gnats) that have appeared around the same time. They evenn follow me to work!
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
I am having the EXACT problem!! Mine are only on my upper back, arms, and chest and neck. And I am a very clean person too, and am not using anything different so I know its not an allergic reaction.....I really wish someone knew what it was!! My boyfriends has been sleeping the bed with me the whole two weeks ive had the bumps, so I know it cant be contagious cause he has nothing....they itch all day and in the nite, and I seem to have a few more each day. They are driving me nuts
|

replied December 7th, 2011
It's been three months now and these itchy bites continue......they are very itchy, small bumps which appear randomly, especially when I'm bathing. I'm now convinced there is some connection with the tiny fungus gnat like flies. These fly very fast - the only way I spot them is when they show on the large glass windows as they try to escape outdoors. I pick my electric mosquito zapper and try to kill them Smile
They get in my hair and clothes - it's like having lice that can fly:-( The docs say they've never heard of something like this!! Can someone help please?
|

replied May 14th, 2012
Itching without other symptoms may indicate cancer
Sorry to say, but it could be cancer. Usually an internal tumor. I had Hodgkins and had suffered for 6 months with horrible itching. It would especially get bad at night. Doctor kept telling me I had scabies. Treated me with all sorts of ointments, but the itching would not go away. No one else in the family was affected. Started to have cold sweats and high fevers only at night. The doc even started to act like I was crazy. Finally, the cancer spread to a lymph node in my neck, which the doctor could see and feel. They sent me for a chest x-ray...and there it was a tumor the size of a grapefruit in the middle of my chest. Stage IIB Hodgkins. Worth getting at least an X-ray, even a PET scan if your doctor is game. Not all itching indicates a cancerous tumor but...if there are no other symptoms, I would be very cautious of being told you are infected with a parasite. Especially if you have tried to treat it for a week or two and it persists. Flea's, scabies, etc are very easy to get rid of, despite what some might tell you. And in my case, I never had such a thing. Just a tumor growing inside me.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 13th, 2013
Same
Same here it's not Allergies, Poison ivy or fleas and big bites
|