Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Small red bumps - Herpes ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
My exgirlfriend was positive for HSV2. She never had a visible outbreak in the 3 years we were together. And I got tested periodically while in our relationship. All tests came back negative. It has been almost 17 weeks since we last had intercourse. Knowing that Herpes was a possibility I constantly checked for any signs of an outbreak for the first month or so after our breakup. Knowing that initial outbreaks usually happen in that time. I never noticed any of the usual symptoms.

A few days ago I noticed a couple of small red bumps at the base of my penis. They do not hurt at all. Even if I put pressure on them. They do not itch. They don't look like blisters or pimples. I do not have any flulike symptoms. My glands are not swollen. I don't even have a fever. Could this be my initial outbreak of herpes even outside the normal period and without all the other symptoms that usually come along with it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2009
Small red bumps could be a number of things, including just irritation. But herpes doesn't always have blisters or pimples, it can manifest in many ways, including rash, itch or jock itch, patches on skin, paper cuts, etc. Sometimes people don't get a primary outbreak. You could have been infected but never had the outbreak, and your body built up the antibodies. If you already have hsv1 (up to 80% of population does) it could also cause you to have less severe problems with hsv2. If you had the antibodies build up before having symptoms, then you probably would NOT have swollen glands, fever, or flulike symptoms. Those symptoms are usually only for primary, real first outbreaks. Herpes does not normally happen inside the "normal period" even though that's the normal period given by doctors. This period is only true for those who have true primary outbreaks, and given the number of people who don't even know they have herpes, most people do NOT fall into that category! You might want to have another blood test to see if you carry the virus now. But bumps could also mean a number of things, so the only way to know if you have herpes would probably be the blood test.
|

replied October 19th, 2009
bumbs
a have these little white bumbs there canny small on the neck of the bell end they go round it like a ring i need help ii dont no wat they are i amm really worried
|