Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

small painless lump in mouth

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
just a 2 days back i felt a lump like growth in my inner mouth wall.it is very small and soft,its so small tht its almost invisible but when i touch it with my tongue i feel a growth,it is colourless appears to be the same as my mouth colour.i dont have any other medical problems,,but i am a bit worried bout this new growth as it could be a sign of oral cancer.pls help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bakinbowl
|

replied August 1st, 2009
Pea sized lump in mouth
Came across your question because I too was searching the internet for answers as I have a similar small pea sized lump on my upper inner cheek . This is not a " bite" lump or a "cold sore" as I have seen suggested on other Q & A sites . It may be a Mucocele . Here is a excerpt from another forum where the person who hads one explains it more fully
"It turns out I had a Mucocele, which is a kind of mucous retention cyst, and is apparently quite common, or at least it is to an Oral Surgeon"" So for all of you people out there who are frantic about that lump in your mouth. Don�t get health advice from me. Go see your doctor. But it may just be a Mucocele."
I fully endorse the final advise - no-one knows better than your GP or dentist so hopefully this will put your mind at rest for the meantime - but self diagnosis is for fools in the longer term so GO SEE YOUR DENTIST . Just like I will Smile
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
Have the same thing - Go to the dentist! I reported it to my orthodontic nurse a year and a half ago, who said that it was a bit of stuck food. Now, it has tripled in size (at least), I am looking at a biopsy (to make certain that it is a cyst and not mouth cancer) and then surgery to remove it. I have visited a dentist, and orthodontist and an endodontist (dental surgeon). So much trouble could have been saved if I had had GONE TO THE DENTIST IMMEDIATELY. It is probably just a cyst, but even non-cancerous cysts can mess up your jaw and move your teeth. Good luck!
|

replied August 6th, 2010
Hi everyone, I have found a hard painless pea sized lump under my tongue, Tried making an appointment with GP but no look, Have to call every morning at 9 in the hope of a cancelation, My dentist left the practice a few months back and all his patients are now no longer registered yet the practice is no longer taking on "new" patients, Really not sure what to do, Have a family history of cancer latest being my grandma with lymphoma, Any advice would be greatly recieved, Being a man i usualy wait till these go on their own etc (stupid) but have an 8 month old daughter. Many thanks guys.
|

replied October 13th, 2010
ameliasdaddy - Any update on this? I too have a small, painless lump on floor of mouth, right behind mandible. Its been there a few years and hasn't grown (I don't think). I've had two dentists look at it but neither could feel it. Now my glands in neck and jaw are swollen and tender - have been for months, and I'm freaking out. Have an appt with a generalist tomorrow but know he won't be able to tell me anything. Probably will see a ENT soon thereafter.
|

replied April 29th, 2011
my knot
i have a knot under my tounge that hurts I have had almost all my teeth took out on that side where the knot is. I have been tryen to find out what it is. if there is anyone that could help please contact me. I wake up hurting there and also go to sleep with it hurting.
|

replied October 19th, 2011
I have a little bump up near my upper teath and for some reason...i don't know what it is...it does blend with my mouth..i CAN...touch it..just a bit barely...but with my tongue it's a bit smooth and ruff...I don't know what to turn to so i need help...NOW....i'm not sure if it's Part of herpes or not...if it isn't i just hope i don't get cancer or anything...will ANY of you people help :/
|

replied November 6th, 2011
I just went to dentist and he referred me emmediately to a surgeon asap regarding a yellow pocket on the left underside of my tongue. Should i be concerned?
|

replied May 15th, 2012
just a 5 days back i felt a lump like growth in my inner mouth wall.it is very small and soft,its so small tht its almost invisible but when i touch it with my tongue i feel a growth,it is colourless appears to be the same as my mouth colour.i dont have any other medical problems,,but i am a bit worried bout this new growth as it could be a sign of oral cancer.pls help
|

replied February 3rd, 2013
very Small Tiny invisible bumps inside lower and upper lip.
i have also same problem.very small almost invisible inside my mouth spread in upper and lower lip and it's nearly 30 days neither it's increasing or decreasing yet i have to go to a doctor.it's color is almost my mouth color.but i can feel the infected areas with my tongue. it burns heavily when i take some spicy food.I used to take lot of tobacco but last 2 yrs almost i have stopped.but still i am smoking.i can remember after many years 1 month back i chewed one paan and next day the problem started. I will be extremely thankful if some one will reply what is it.also you can mail me if you have any clue on this problem
|

replied April 19th, 2013
if you have a lump inside your mouth on the cheek , what can that be? ive been googling for about an hour and i still have no idea what can cause it , nor what it is . so if anyone can help me , please do soo . thank you .
|

replied April 19th, 2013
please help me hout ?/:
|

replied April 19th, 2013
please help me hout ?/:
|

replied May 4th, 2013
I've just started feeling a lump in my throat when I swallow. I can't reach it with my finger or tongue, its right at the back of my mouth. I can just feel something dangling when I swallow, its not painful just uncomfortable. Could this be serious? Its literally just popped up now.
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
I have found a small painless hard lump just inside my upper lip just below my nose all the skin on and around it is normal looking no cuts or abrasions I can feel it with my tongue and fingers, I'm really quite concerned now as I have history of cancer ( breast cancer) and the doctor that I saw seemed uninterested and never even gave an explanation of possible causes and told me to go back if not gone in 2 weeks, I am struggling to get an appointment with a doctor I trust and I don't know what to do, any suggestions as I'm kinda pooping it a bit:-S
|

replied November 3rd, 2013
I have just found a tiny pea size lump in my mouth at the bottom left hand side of my mouth when I touch my jaw on the outside I can feel it and it moves when I feel it in my mouth it moves .i caput my finger in my mouth and touch it I feel it move it doesn't hurt x can someone tell me what it is x I'm making an appointment with my GP tomorrow x
|
Quick Reply