Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Small painful lump on edge of clitoris

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm a teenager and have never had sex. Today I woke up, went to toilet and when wiping noticed it was slightly painful. The soreness went away quickly and so I didn't think anything of it. But it persisted to be sore every time I went to the toilet (urinating is not painful itself) and when in the bath I noticed that on the back part on the tip of my clitoris I have a small lump. It's skin coloured, hard and as I said sore to touch. Otherwise it's not painful normally. I'm quite worried as to what it is? It literally appeared overnight.
I have a horse and yesterday was riding for a few hours (whilst wearing a thin panty liner as I'm due on period), could this have caused rubbing and subsequently a sore? It's never happened before though and I've been riding all my life!
Also worth noting im currently ill with flu-like symptoms, don't know if it's relevant though!
Any advice as to what it is and how to treat it would be much appreciated, thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Is this on the clitoris itself, or on the hood where the hair is growing?

Sometimes something as small as a pubic hair that got under the hood can cause pain like this. Pull your hood back fully and make sure it is clean and smooth underneath.
|

replied August 10th, 2012
No it's not on the hood I don't think, it's on a flap just before vagina entrance I think so im
not sure it could be an ingrown hair. Not the top of the clitoris but back more, it may not actually be the clitoris im not very clued up on it all sorry! It's more sore today than it was yesterday but not badly so, just soreness
|

replied August 11th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It can just be from the friction and bumps of riding horse.

There are also a number of glands in your vulva that can get blocked or develop cysts.

If it does not go away, or it stays painful, talk to your mom.

Do a google search for 'female anatomy diagram', then take a mirror and identify all your parts. You should know exactly what and where everything is and what it is called.

Also remember to wash your self regularly. Between your lips, folds and under the clitoris hood (full it back with your fingers), wash with clean lukewarm water and your fingers. You can wash your outside lips with soap ( a double fatted soap like Dove is good). Keep the soap out of your 'crack' however. Soap is not good for those very delicate parts. Even something as small as a hair that is caught there and not removed can cause problems.

After riding, make sure you get out of the tight pants and pat yourself dry. Your crotch area stays healthy when it is cool, dry and airy.
|