Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Small lump on penis

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Today I noticed a small lump on my penis. It looks like an enlarged hair follicle and is next to a couple, but before today I never noticed that specific one. About 7 or 8 months ago I had unprotected sex with a girl who I later found had a case of genital warts that cleared up a few years ago, so I've been kind of worried ever since. Since I noticed the bump I gave everything a really close look and found that there is a slightly rough patch of skin close to the lump. About 2 or 3 millimeters or so in size. Its on the bottem side about 5 millimeters from the head, and is within a bunch of wrinkles along the circumcision scar. It can only be seen if I stretch the skin out, I dont know how long it has been there. I should also note that yesterday my penis came in contact with a new aftershave lotion/facecream/sunscreen. I'm hoping this is the cause. I would go and get it checked out but I do not have insurance and am laid off, so I dont know where to look. I am just trying to get an idea online if I should be alarmed. Also I have been getting about 2 or 3 hrs. of sleep for the past 3 nights, and maybe that could somehow be affecting my immune system causing something to show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am very paranoid.
Did you find this post helpful?
|