Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

small lump about the size of a pea on the inside of my thigh

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I noticed the other day that i had a small lump about the size of a pea on the inside of my thigh close to my vagina it was sore and painful but i thought is was a pimple its been two days and it has tripled in size and is very painful its rubbing against my other thigh now and is hard and sore. it doesnt look like a pimple and im not sure what it is im too embarrased to go to the doctor to get it checked also im immunosuppressed and have just recieved a kidney transplant 2 months ago could this be related to that?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2011
Skin Answer A26012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

A swelling in the perineal region, that is increasing in size, and is causing pain could be due to a infected hair follicle, a sebaceous cyst or a abscess.

Since you are on immunosupppresion therapy, it is important that you seek medical help at the earliest so that treatment can be initiated.

You might consult a doctor or your OB-GYN who can prescribe you a course of antibiotics for a few days.

In the mean time, use of Over the counter medications like advil or motrin can help decrease the pain and inflammation associated with the swelling.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.