Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Small kidneys?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
My doctor recently did an ultrasound.. My kidney's were LF, 9.8 and RT, 9.5.. I'm reading that between 10-13 is normal.. Are mine of normal size? I've been fearing kidney failure for almost 6 months now..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2008
BTW- he told me they looked great.. But when i got the report in my hands i noted the sizes.
|

replied September 17th, 2008
Kidney Functions!!!!
Most of us are born with two kidneys. Each bean-shaped organ is located on either side of the spine in the space behind the abdominal cavity, which contains the stomach, intestines, liver, spleen and in women, the female genital organs. The kidneys get its blood supply from the aorta through the renal arteries, which then become progressively smaller in size. g2r
--------------------------
shakira janet

|

replied March 9th, 2012
I have been told i have small kidneys 8.9 and 8.6
the finding is that i have chronic real parenchymal daage what does this mean
|
Quick Reply