Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Small itchy pimples on arm

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi I have recently returned from a trip from amsterdam where I foolishly had very brief anal sex with a transvestite prostitute. This prositute was one of the window workers, I hear in amsterdam they have regular tests however this is not easing my worry. He/she went to penetrate then i turned around and realised she did not have a condom on i mentioned this and then she proceeded to put one on, however I was drunk at the time and to be perfectly honest I cannot rememeber if I checked to see f she defenitely had one on, I do however remember her grabbing a condom. We we then proceeded to have anal sex very briefly not even for 5 minutes. I know for sure she did not ejeaculate inside me as of course I would of known, whether this is because she did not ejaculate or because she was wearing a condom i am unsure.

When I returned from amsterdam 2 days after the incident i had 3 or 4 very small itchy pimples on my arm, are hiv spots itchy? However the hotel I stayed in everyone was complaining they had been bitten by bedbugs and the hotel reviews also state this. As well as this I have developed a cough, cold 2-3 days after, and I am also quite tired, I also have one small ulcer in my mouth which developed today 5 days after the incident. These symptoms I must add are very mild and seem to grow the more I research this issue which is leading me to belive or maybe just wishful thinking that this is due to anxiety. I have also read that these symptoms do not generally occur 2-3 days after the infection but more likely to be 2-6 weeks after.

What I basically want to know is, with the facts about the encounter and also these symptoms what would you say are my chances, I assume this is a common and annoying question from foolish people like myself, but your advice is greatly appreciated. Of course I will be getting tested but some advice to ease my mnd slightly would be great. As well as this do I ahve to wait up t 3 months before I can be tested or are there other ways.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Symptoms for HIV do not show up in 2 or three days or weeks even. It could be a number of things either related to the sex or not.Get tested for all STDs.
|

replied March 14th, 2010
thanks your advice is much appreciated. I guess these symptoms could be from the generally wild weekend including lots of alcahol and some magic mushrooms and also this anxiety

thanks again I will certainly be getting tested
|