Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small Itchy Clear Bumps (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
A few days ago I noticed a small clear bump on my right hand. It itched really bad. So my natural reaction was to scratch it. The next day I noticed that a few more had spread up along my arm. I took a little pin and I popped it, a clear liquid came out but I wasnt to concerned with that.
But just this morning when I woke up it had spread to my other hand inbetween my ring and middle finger. I also have one under my chin, behind my right knee and on my lower back.
I had just gotten a really bad sunburn from working in 90 degree weather for three days. After I stopped working the little bumps had shown up. This itching is driving me crazy. My mother suspects it to be sun poisoning but I looked the symptoms up and sun poisoning has nothing to do with what I have. I told her that it might be scabies but she said that we have dealt with that before and it shouldnt be it.
I really am not the type of person to go outside for long periods of time during the summer. But sense I had to work I went outside and got badly burned. I usually just stay inside where there is airconditioning and try to stay away from outside contact. Do you think that it could be a allergic reaction to the sun?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper elizabethcor
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2008
Experienced User
I highly doubt it would be an allergic reaction to the sun, and if it was blisters from being badly burnt then 'popping' them as you said you did would cause great pain, also they would not be itchy. An itchy bubbly rash ... you should go see a doctor about that one but I would be suprised if it had any link with being sunburnt, I'm guessing its just a co-incidence that this rash popped up days after getting burnt.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, -.Punk.Rock.Chick.-!
For how long you have the bumps?
Are these bumps very small, blisters-like bumps (1 mm or less in diameter)?
Do they appear mostly on the tips and sides of the fingers, toes, palms, and soles?
Does the itchiness get worse after contact with soap, water, or irritating substances?
Do they crust after the realize of fluid?
|

replied June 28th, 2011
I have that type of blistering bump. They itch terrible. they show up randomly on my body, but mostly hands and legs. What are these? I can't seem to clear them up and end up scratching until they bleed.
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Look up milia. i got some cream my cousin was prescribed for her face and while i was using it on my hand it made one of the biggest bumps i had go away. if it is milia like i think it is it will take forever to pop it until you reach the source which you will understand more when you look it up. anyway once you find out about it more compare it to what you have. also ive dealt with this since September of last year and its slowly getting better. if i hadn't lost the cream it would prob be gone lol. good luck.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Hello
I have had these bumps for five days now, they all vary in size and some of them are a lot larger than others. They appear all over my body. I have them on my legs, arms, stomach, and lower back. The itching does not get worse after having contact with soap or water. After the fluid comes out they just re-bubble and get more fluid inside of them.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
It just sounds like you got sun burnt and are now peeling. When I peel my little bumps get a little itchy and the bumps pop. It's normal if you've been badly sun burnt. What you could do after getting sun burnt to prevent the little bumps (just water blisters) is put aloe vera on the burn. It'll feel good and will help prevent those little bumps. But it doesn't sound like anything really serious. I get those all the time if I get burnt. The bumps come up quicker if I go back outside a day after getting burnt. You shouldn't worry too much. You might find it weird but I love peeling...and so do a lot of people I know.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Doctor
According to your description (blister-like bumps all round the body) you probably don't have scabies because scabies is manifested with red bumps that itch more during the night and can't spread that fast.
Can you send me a photo of those bumps?
Those bumps of yours could be toxic skin reaction to the sunburn and working with hot water. Try not to scratch those bumps because you can complicate the condition with bacterial infection.
You can consult some dermatologist about your problem.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
Pocs
(spelling?)
This sounds a lot like the time i had chicken pocs (or a like).
I was absoultely covered head to toe..and i mean COVERED!
Itchy, little blisters 1-4mm ish? Slightly yellow/clear liquid? All leave scabs and a little redness?

Feel free to get it checked but look into chicken pocs etc

Hope that helps
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2009
Tiny water bumps
I have very small water bumps on both arms but they don't itch. I just scratch them to see if they go away and they do without returning. They come up only on rare occasions so I have never sought medical advise. I actually have some now. They appeared after I was outside one sunny morning repotting hanging flowers and plants. Like I said, they don't bother me at all. I just happened to notice them on my arm.
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2009
i have them at the moment, its off being out in the sun. i had no top on and my shoulders and arms and back of my neck are really burned, im always out in the sun, and as soon as there is a chance of sun my shorts and vest are streight on lol. the past week in england has been really hot and i have therefore burnt, first 3 days were rather painfull for obvius reasons, however i now have small skin coloured bumps, which are called (water blebs) they can be ichy liek mine on the shoulder and i always have to pop and scrach them off which obvisly means i peel. thats all you have, its nothing bad. ryan.
|

replied July 1st, 2009
MandMS: I tried to message you but the site would not allow it... I know I'm a little late on this thread but...

I was doing an internet search on my itchy, tiny little skin bumps and I saw this thread....

I have tiny, itchy bumps {now, these generally only appear on my hands; never anywhere else} - fingertips, a small patch/cluster on the palm now about 5-6mm in diameter, and a long diagonal cluster with some stragglers on the underside and wrapping upwards towards my nail on my left index finger. I usually get these around my nail-beds/fingertips as I stated earlier, and have NO idea what they are. They're tiny {the bumps are less than/equal to 1mm and never any larger}, they itch and they're either flesh-colored or have tiny clear centers.

It's freaking me out tremendously as I'm frequently in public places, am good about washing my hands and using sanitizer, and I've only had this for about a year on & off... but this {on my left index finger & palm} is the first time it's been this bad... the first time I ever noticed them may have been a year or so ago - I was using nail polish remover, did my nails and then when I'd smudged them removed the polish and painted them again - viola... they showed up.

To answer some questions someone posted in another thread in an effort to get an answer:

1) For how long you have the bumps?
- A year or so.

2) Are these bumps very small, blisters-like bumps (1 mm or less in diameter)?
- Yes, but not soft, watery blisters; just tiny, harder bumps with clear dots in the center; if I were to stick a pin into one it would only realize clear fluid.

3) Do they appear mostly on the tips and sides of the fingers, toes, palms, and soles?
- Mostly on the tips of my fingers, but my feet have itched here & there. I may have had them on my feet and not realized at all.

4) Does the itchiness get worse after contact with soap, water, or irritating substances?
-Pretty much; I think that irritants make it worse. I did come into contact with laundry detergent the other day??

5) Do they crust after the realize of fluid? - This I don't know...

I read something somewhere about tiny bumps with 'tell-tale 'black seeds' in the center. I don't have anything black in the center, but all of the other symptoms were correct. I'm petrified that I ended up with some viral herpes infection of the skin or something... I'm generally healthy; pretty stressed out at the moment as it's a difficult transitional period in my life, and don't eat the way that I should but I don't think that should be a factor?? These just come and go without warning.

Thank you in advance for reading this and for any information you may have!!

Jeni*
|

replied June 6th, 2013
Jeni,

Did you ever find out what they were? That is exactly what I have. Any information would be helpful.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
bumps on hands
i have the exact same thing as you do jeni. I get little tiny water bumps on my finger tips and palms only. And the skin is all splotchy red and white. My hands are also really itchy. I used to get it when I was little and it just popped up again. (i'm 22) It started coming up when I was outside a lot in the heat. It seems to be something that happens in the summer. My mom said that she used to get it to, so I don't think it's herpes or anything.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
look up dishydrosis. i think this is what we may have.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
sorry it's dyshidrosis. sometimes called dyshidrosis eczema
|

replied July 6th, 2009
tiny bumps on fingers
Hi. I used to wash dishes a lot and keep my hands wet alot...so much that it seemed like my hands dried out, or weren't putting out as much natural skin oil as they used to. I got the exact same tiny, almost invisible, fluid-filled itchy bumps you guys did on the sides of my fingers. It has returned almost two years later, and seems to come back when my hands feel dry or irritated. I went to the doctor and I was told it was a form of eczema. Hope that helps.
|

replied July 6th, 2009
RE: Tiny clear bumps on hands...
Yeah... it seems to happen when I use nail polish remover, wash my hands too much {I'm neurotic about that as I stated previously - I'm out in NYC frequently and take every precaution when it comes to trying to remain clean. My mother also stated she'd had it for years and it just stopped. I do notice it's worse in the summer.

The Dyshidrotic Eczema seems to be it, although my skin stays clear and does not get red. the remainder of the description seems to fit though...

Thanks for the tips - it makes me feel better knowing it may simply be a form of eczema or dermatitis and not something more severe.

Smile
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Experienced User
hiya, i dont know if this is the same as what you have all described but at the minute my hands a feet are covered in a lumpy itchy rash, it seems t b mainly just my right foot tho and both hands, the lumps are the tiniest things ever but seem to have a little greyish dot in the middle of them my hands feel sore and i am only as of yesterday using a steriod cream to get rid of them as i thought it could be athletes foot thats spread t my hands, doctor hasnt seen it yet so i wasn just wondering if any of you have the same thing and a diadnosis yet or??? any advice at all would be great, thanks xxx
|

replied September 16th, 2009
MandMS: I tried to message you but the site would not allow it... I know I'm a little late on this thread but...

I was doing an internet search on my itchy, tiny little skin bumps and I saw this thread....

I have tiny, itchy bumps {now, these generally only appear on my hands; never anywhere else} - fingertips, a small patch/cluster on the palm now about 5-6mm in diameter, and a long diagonal cluster with some stragglers on the underside and wrapping upwards towards my nail on my left index finger. I usually get these around my nail-beds/fingertips as I stated earlier, and have NO idea what they are. They're tiny {the bumps are less than/equal to 1mm and never any larger}, they itch and they're either flesh-colored or have tiny clear centers.

It's freaking me out tremendously as I'm frequently in public places, am good about washing my hands and using sanitizer, and I've only had this for about a year on & off... but this {on my left index finger & palm} is the first time it's been this bad... the first time I ever noticed them may have been a year or so ago - I was using nail polish remover, did my nails and then when I'd smudged them removed the polish and painted them again - viola... they showed up.

To answer some questions someone posted in another thread in an effort to get an answer:

1) For how long you have the bumps?
- A year or so.

2) Are these bumps very small, blisters-like bumps (1 mm or less in diameter)?
- Yes, but not soft, watery blisters; just tiny, harder bumps with clear dots in the center; if I were to stick a pin into one it would only realize clear fluid.

3) Do they appear mostly on the tips and sides of the fingers, toes, palms, and soles?
- Mostly on the tips of my fingers, but my feet have itched here & there. I may have had them on my feet and not realized at all.

4) Does the itchiness get worse after contact with soap, water, or irritating substances?
-Pretty much; I think that irritants make it worse. I did come into contact with laundry detergent the other day??

5) Do they crust after the realize of fluid? - This I don't know...

I read something somewhere about tiny bumps with 'tell-tale 'black seeds' in the center. I don't have anything black in the center, but all of the other symptoms were correct. I'm petrified that I ended up with some viral herpes infection of the skin or something... I'm generally healthy; pretty stressed out at the moment as it's a difficult transitional period in my life, and don't eat the way that I should but I don't think that should be a factor?? These just come and go without warning.

I have that to the tee! I really need to know what this is.. the "tell tale black center" are clear for me more like a centralized pocket of clear fluid but im inclined to always pop these!!!

5) Do they crust after the realize of fluid? - This I don't know... After i stab them and pop them and squeeze all the fluid out multiple times i guess you could consider that. But im a landscaping male 26 so thats ok? and I have the Identical symptoms and to be honest 5 of my friends have it in a different way but what ever you just said jenijaques we need to talk more my feet are rarely affected but whatever this is it's a slow nightmare all over im only 8 months affected by it.
|

replied October 27th, 2009
I have this same problem and have not been able to find anything online regarding the issue or a solution, has anyone found any confirmed diagnosis? Mine pop up on a yearly basis just on the palms of my hand, they are small sometimes red when I itch them but clear and have the same liquid that I can pop. If i pop them it makes it more irritated and they usually get bigger.
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
im 18 and ive been getting these bumps for several years now. i first noticed them 4 yrs ago when i had cut my toe on a piece of glass, i got these tiny, skin colored bumps that have a dot in the center. this first time it was all over that toe. they popped and the skin peeled and it was very painful.
then i started getting them on my hands (palm and backs) and my feet (soles and top). usually its just around my knuckles and the top of my foot. they are really itchy when i get water and soap on them, but they quit itching after a while and i forget about them. clear stuff comes out of them if u squeeze it. once they are empty they turn kinda pink /red and the dot at the center turns red then brown like it dried up. now they just go away on their own, usually no peeling.

they will just pop up one day and i have them for a few days and they go away again. i dont get this regularly and i dont know what causes it.

the closest thing i have seen is i use to get similar bumps on my hands from using hair bleach at beauty school. my teacher said it was some kind of contact dermatitis. those bumps burned and went away after i put some lotion on and it only happend where the bleach was. but they looked similar and had the clear stuff in there if i popped them.

i just broke out with this again yesterday morning. they are on my knuckles, one on my palm, a few on both feet, and now i have some on my arm. i dont think its something i got from a bed because my boyfriend and my daughter were both on the same bed as me and im the only one who got this.

can someone please help me. i want to know what this is.
|

replied November 25th, 2009
same problem with -.Punk.Rock.Chick.-
I have same problem with -.Punk.Rock.Chick.- but now the worst is it spread in the family. I don't know yet about it but it drive me crazy sratching my whole body. Another thing is that it is like walking or getting longer like a worm. My body s now full of scars from scratching. Hope you can help me with this too. Thanks...
|
12 >>