Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small holes in armpit !!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
okay so I have these 3 small holes in my armpit. At first I squeezed them because they were white(not like bumps)and deep. When I squeezed them, a white substance came out resembling dirt or deodorant(maybe a combo of both). At first I just washed it with soap and water and then went over it with hibiclens and warm water to free it of bacteria. Then I put neosporin on it to try and heal it up without such luck. The holes are still here and they itch on occasion but they do not fill with pus/deodorant anymore. I don't know what to do with them and I really need to know whether or not I should see a doctor. I don't have insurance so going without cause is really not an option. HELP ME!!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2010

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From the symptoms it looks like sebaceous cysts. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that fills with a white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis. It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

What exactly is this can be diagnosed only after examination of the area. Till that time you can apply warm compresses and some topical antibiotics like Neosporin. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 29th, 2010
holes in skin
is there any other areas they are located at?
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.