Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Small hole in skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have a tiny hole in my skin, nearly 1/16th of an inch in diameter and a little less than 1/8th of an inch deep.
It's located a few inches above my penis within the pubic hair area. I do shave often and wonder if this is somehow from an ingrown hair.
There is no bleeding, pain, irritation or swelling on or around the area. It just seems to be a hole.
I first noticed this about 3 weeks ago and there has been no change in it's condition.
What could've caused this to happen naturally?
How should I treat this?

Like I said there's no discomfort at all associated with it, but it's kind of freaking me out. Any insight would be great!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper loresten
|

replied April 27th, 2009
same issue
mine actually bleeds though and has irritation to it. It's freaking me out i have only had it for 3 days so far but i just wanted to research it early just in case i have to do something quick

an answer asap would be really appreciated
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
Could someone please respond to this? I have the same problem in the same area as the OP and I would appreciate some advice aswell. I believe (as in im not sure) it's the result of a hair being plucked (accidentally) and the hole or whatever its called not healing.
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
hole in skin
Hi im female and ive had this too around the pubic area. I shave aswell and from what Ive been told it should be okay, just an ingrown hair and especially because the hair around that region grows very coarse it has the potential to create a "hole" and even some discomfort and bleeding. This can also happen if you wax or tweeze that area. Most of the times you cannot even see the hair because its that deep inside. Do not worry too much, just take care when shaving next time and use a cream for ingrowns which u can buy over the counter from a drug store. If ur very concerned, always best to get it checked out by ur GP.
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
male area
hole in skin between my groin and my leg it bleed sometime what cause that
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I think I have this same problem. Although it happened to me when I was younger. I had a pubic hair fell out and it created a small whole. No discomfort or anything, sometimes I have this weird white stuff come outta it. It always scared me.
|

replied March 12th, 2012
I have the same issue... Only i have four holes and there almost in a perfect vertical line... The first one was actually a pimple when i was like 5, and it got huge and i finally popped it.. (gross i know) But it became and a hole and over time two more have popped up randomly and today another showed up. Its kind of deep and thick white stuff comes out... I know its gross but it kinda concerns me!
Does anyone know what is the cause of these holes?
|

replied January 7th, 2013
hole in pubic area
I have one too but I can put an earing in mine! and so can my fiancee on the shaft of his penis!
|

replied January 7th, 2013
hole in pubic area
I have one too but I can put an earing in mine! and so can my fiancee on the shaft of his penis!
|
Tags: skin, swelling, penis, hair
Quick Reply