Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Small hard spot on scrotum

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My boyfriend, who's 18 has recently notice a small, slighty hard (like a pea but smaller),red and pus filled spot on the actual scrotum itself. He says that it isn't sore but he's worried about what it could be, and is scared that it could be serious..we are both sexually active, but have only ever been with each other and I have not notived anything different on myself.What could it be??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2009
Supporter
hi there it could just be a small cyst he has probably an ingrown hair and wouldn,t worry to much about it. These things are common in most young men and especially if he waxes,, tell him to keep an eye on it though and if it gets bigger see his doctor.
my brother in law had one a few yrs back and it burst on its own as he wears tight jeans.
|
Users who thank ioka for this post: alannahd 

replied June 6th, 2009
Thank you so much xo
I was just thinking..he has eczema and somethimes gets it there, and when its bad it can cause his skin to rip and form small cuts, so could this have caused it to become infected or something, and caused the cyst??
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2009
Supporter
yes it possibly could have as its a warm and tender area and gets sweaty down there so will itch also. I would advise loose underwear and baggy jeans they are in the fashion to keep things cooler and let air circulate. At most it will keep him dryer and hopefully reduce itching when its warm.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
Thank you again..I wanted to rule out the option of it being something serious, and what you've adviced will help set his mind at ease. Thanks xo
|
Quick Reply