Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

small hard lump on the back of my neck, constantly tired

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
I have a small hard lump on the back of my neck on the left hand side between my hairline and my spine. My neck is sore it feels as if i slept on it wrong or someting. Im constantly tired and i wake up tired.
I alo am drinking alot of fuids. what could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2011
Cancers Answer A29515
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of the lump, indicates that it could be a enlarged lymph node, or a sebaceous cyst associated with inflammatory changes.

In most cases, lumps arising due to inflammatory causes and benign origin and can be treated with a course of anti inflammatory medications like advil or motrin, icepacks and supportive therapy.

In case, you are worrying about cancer, the main symptoms that can be seen in a patient with a cancerous lump, include - unexplained loss of weight, fever, fatigue, pain and skin changes (including - jaundice, hyperpigmentation, erythema, excess hair growth, itching, or severe irritation).

In case, you have any of the above issues, you may consult with your doctor for a physical examination and appropriate interventions.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.