Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Small growth on hand

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hey, everyone.

I have had a small growth on my hand for a while now. It is about 1/4" wide and a little be more pale than the rest of my hand. It's been a while now, but I would have to say it's been there for around/over two years. Until now I dismissed it. However, I've noticed another much smaller growth about an inch away from the first one. I did some research and I'm afraid it may be some type of skin cancer.

I would really appreciate any opinion on the matter, as it has me quite freaked out.

I have a picture of my hand. The quality is pretty poor, but it's the best I can take at the moment. I'm hoping it might help a bit until I can take a picture of higher quality.

Perhaps this second one is a bit better?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2008
Supporter
Are you sure it's not a regular flat wart? Does it itch, cause pain or irritation? It is hard and solid or fluid filled? I think you need more information before anyone can help you.
|

It does not itch or cause any pain, which is why I dismissed it at first.

It seems to a solid skin growth. I see no evidence of fluid inside of it.

Sorry I'm so vague, I don't know very much about this.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I could be wrong but it sounds like you have a good, old fashioned wart. They're harmless but they are also contagious, could be how you got the other one. Compound W can get rid of it for you or you can have your doctor freeze it off. Hope this helps.
|