Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small growth on face

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hey. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a growth had appeared on my left cheek. At first I thought it was a random pimple but it hadn't gone away. A day ago I attempted to puncture it with a sterilized pin but it seemed to be just made of flesh and a little blood. It is about the as round as a pen tip (not the ball part, but the metal thing around it...if that helps) and is probably as tall as a nickels width. (Sorry about the strange measurements, but I'm working off what's on top of my desk Very Happy ).

It causes absolutely no pain or discomfort, and is just a cosmetic kind of thing as far as I know for certain so far. Several people have pointed it out but I could care less if someone says something snarky. It may be increasing in size very slightly, but there has been definitely no shrinking. Just wondering if this is the sort of thing I should just get rid of with one of those wart removal freeze things they sell or check with a doctor.

I'm assuming it is some kind of wart, but since it grew so quickly I thought it was maybe a really clogged pore. Any input would be cool, but I'll be trying to see a doctor soon once I scrounge up enough cash.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mjolnir73
|

replied December 11th, 2009
Sounds like the same thing I have! I've tried wart-removing stuff and it doesn't help. I can rub the top layer of skin off of it every couple of weeks or so but it doesn't seem to be any smaller afterward. Mine's getting bigger - about the size of a pea now. No clue. I've read about cysts and think that's what it might be. I have some smaller white bumps that I'm more certain are cysts. Let me know if you find out what yours is and what to do about it.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
Sounds like keratoses
|

replied December 11th, 2011
pls i am having the same problem let me know if you find a solution to yours
|