Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Small genital rash...help!

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
So I'll set this up by saying that about 4 days prior to the rash appearing that I had a bad stomach virus, throwing-up, dieherih etc. That lasted 24hrs. Three days later I wake-up to have an awful belching and gas problem and my stomach didn't feel suite right. The belching had a horrible taste...like no other I'd ever had. By nights fall I was able to go to the bathroom and that almost instantly stopped the belching and gas issue...but then a small rash begin to appear at the base of my penis. At first I thought it was an ingrown hair because it seemed to have a little white bump, but over the next few days it developed into 8 -12 or so red spots. Pretty much no pain and very little itching. Its been there now 5 days and seems to be drying up but not going away yet. I did have anal sex the week before the break-out and ai know my penis came in contact with fecal matter...not sure if this could be an issue or not. Thoughts of what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2012
I've looked at pictures of herpies and jock itch and neither seem to be what I have. My rash is above the base of the penis and to the right of center. It extends from rigt at the base up about an inch or so. Its more of separate sores than one continuous rash.
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Another thing is that these spots tend to get a white head and have when squeezed oooze white pus, a very small amount. This is why I thought the first one was an in grown hair.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
an update. A week in and the rash is definitely disappearing. What I described before as white heads and pus ended up being dead skin that would look white after a hot shower...although I did squeeze pus out of more than one of the bumps at the peak of the rash...but this wasn't a common thing. I'm sure this wasn't herpes as it wasn't on the penis itself and it wasn't a blister of a bump.

Any thougts at all readers?
|
Quick Reply