Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Small foreskin opening

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
hi im 17 and im suffering from what i think is phimosis. the opening of my foreskin is quite small and its reeli hard for me to pull it back all the way. when i do pull it back the foreskin kinda rolls back over itself and i have to like manually pull the foreskin back over the gland. Wat is wrong with me? i reeli wanna get this sorted but dont wanna be circumsised. what do i do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Penis Answer A6328

According to the data you reported, you might be experiencing phimosis. Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin can not be completely retracted from the head of the penis.
Circumcision is the most often surgical solution. Other surgical treatment for phimosis is preputioplasty, in which a limited dorsal lit with transverse closure is made along the constricting band of the foreskin.
Before trying for surgical treatment, you might want to try some non surgical treatments. Stretching the foreskin manually over a longer period might make additional foreskin to grow and thus to loose and to create a larger hole.
Applying topical steroid cream for 4-6 weeks to the narrow part of the foreskin might also be helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.