Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Small Foci of increased T2 prolongation

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
I previously had an MRI done of the Brain by a neurologist in 2008 who thought my cervical dystonia were seizures and advised me after the EEG monitor that I had 24 hour a day right brain irregular activity. The 2008 MRI states that the Cerebral cortex and white matter reveal no area of abnormal signal intensity. No white matter abnormalities are seen on Flair images. After contrast in the 2008 MRI again everything was normal. I changed doctors as I thought no one could have 24 hour a day every day right brain seizures and still function? So the new neurologist ordered an MRI done without contrast 12/2010. This MRI was multiplanar,multisequence MR imaging. Additionally a 3D SPGR was obtained. The finding state that there are a few stable scattered small foci of increased T2 prolongation in the subcortical white matter of both cerebral hemispheres. First of all how does this radiologist know the small foci are stable? Also what does this mean. My DR will not call or is too busy to call the radiologist and see why he feels they are stable. I have the trouble with swallowing, everyday headaches, bad pain behind the right eye, memory loss,(according to the kids) along with the shaking and sudden movements of various body parts. The report goes on to say the Neuroquant analysis demostrates that both the combined hippocampal volume 95% and the combined inferior lateral ventricle volume 75% are both within the range of normal for age at that time I was 53. Please advise if you know any information about what this could mean. Do I need a new doctor? He seems very unconcerned and only wants to give me the botox injections so my neck tremors will slow down. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Did you find this post helpful?
|